Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Could you give me some suggestions please?    

Could you give me some suggestions please?

Sleeping Beauty
Iran

Could you give me some suggestions please?

Hi dear colleagues!
I need your help.
My uncle is a 60-year-old man who had learned English when he was young.
He actually can remember some grammar points and lots of words! But he wants to review them by himself. So could you please suggest a self study book or any other kinds of course books for him?

Thank you in advance for caring and replying

Hug From Iran
Sleeping Beauty

23 Mar 2011      

Mariethe House
France

If he can access the internet, this site is very good! It is based on exchange and I found it very useful ! Good luck to your uncle! ( the site information is in French but you can get it in English or any other language.)

http://fr-fr.livemocha.com/

23 Mar 2011     

Latoyan
Armenia

Hey, Smile I think "Essential Grammar in Use" by Raymond Murphy will help you, the book contain self-study reference and practice part for both elementary and intermediate level learners. 

It �s easy to use because on each left-hand page a grammar point is explained and on the facing pages there are exercises to check understanding. There are clear explanations, grammar for both elementary learners is explained in simple language with examples and attractive illustrations. 

There are also appendices and key part (this contains the answers to all exercises).

Oh, there are tow editions: the red book is for elementary level (I think this one will be preferable for your uncle) and the blue one is for intermediate level learners.

Hope I helped you Smile

23 Mar 2011     

Sleeping Beauty
Iran

Thank you both dear friends for your help!
The site is wonderful and i myself want to try it too for French and the book is great.

Hugs

Have a good time Wink

23 Mar 2011