Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Game idea for Present Perfect Tense?    

Game idea for Present Perfect Tense?

ironik
Australia

Game idea for Present Perfect Tense?

So we learnt Present Perfect Tense with my teenagers and for one week now we �ve been doing grammar- grammar- grammar. They got bored, and I got bored, too. And I promised them to play a game next lesson, but I want to make it meaningful. I have downloaded "who wants to be a millionare" ppt from this site but do you have other ideas for a game or activity to practice present perfect?

24 Mar 2011      

IbuLulu
Australia

My students love �Have you ever �.  You need some room and might have to rearrange furniture to do it! Seat students in a large circle (you may need more than 1 circle), with 1 less seat than there are students. (eg if 10 students, you would have 9 seats, 10th person in middle). 

The person in the middle asks a �Have you ever? � question.  Anyone whose answer would be �yes � must  change seats; they cannot return to the seat they just left; person in the middle is also looking for a seat. 1 person will be left standing in the middle and must ask the next question. 

It can get very rowdy and physical, but there is always a lot of laughter. I always demonstrate the first time with a question that I think most or all will answer �yes � to, such as �Have you ever eaten rice? �

24 Mar 2011     

dawnmain
United Kingdom

my kids love mime and it works for everything.
put them into teams.
one kid comes to the front of the class and mimes a sentence (1 minute) you give them
eg.  I have never eaten a snake.

2 points if their team guesses o one bonus point if the other team can.

24 Mar 2011     

coyote.chus
Spain

The game of two lies and one truth or two truths and one lie is also very nice. They have to think and tell the rest two lies and one truth using the present perfect. I have never.... or I have been to... or I have + past participle. The rest have to guess which one is the lie, or vice-versa. Of course they have to be imaginative so that the others won �t guess too easily.

24 Mar 2011     

ironik
Australia

thank you all for your wonderful ideas, I like them all!Clap I guess next week there will be lots of games going on in my lessons Wink

24 Mar 2011     

Begogzp
Mexico

Hello
 There are some card games to practice present perfect I hope they are useful for you and your classes
    Bego�a

25 Mar 2011     

Szilvi
Hungary

Ask your Ss to close their eyes and listen. Do something. (open the door, clean the board, start the Cd player etc.) Ask them to open their eyes and make them say or write what has happened. For example: You have (just) opened the door. My students really loved this activity!
Szilvi

25 Mar 2011     

ironik
Australia

thanks again for your valuable ideas :)

25 Mar 2011