Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Clicker or remote control?    

Clicker or remote control?

MapleLeaf
Canada

Yep, everyday i �m using it, don �t call it though, but still a remote. But I like a clicker too.
I�ve also seen �clicker�  in one of the chilredn�s books online. Something about Tommy or Tonny.

27 Mar 2011     

dobrawaa
Poland

Thank you very much for all your answers. You are GREAT!

27 Mar 2011     

joy2bill
Australia

Definitely remote or zapper, never clicker. However we do have a couple of devices called clickers: one is the counter with push buttons that people click to count large numbers of people.
The other is a noise maker that you would use at sports games. Sometimes referred to as a clicker-clacker!

27 Mar 2011     

yanogator
United States

Here in the US, where we are highly influenced by television, we have a very popular program called Everybody Loves Raymond. The father, Frank, calls it a clicker. That word was probably less popular before the program came along.

Bruce

27 Mar 2011     

MapleLeaf
Canada

Though it �s a little bit late, but today just without any thought I asked a Canadian native in his 50 �s about a clicker or remote. He said that both are acceptable.

The same question was to the 20 years younger Canadian native speaker -- the answer is remote... he also named the device for opening the garage door - a key fob. I never heard about it and I think it �s more technical term rather than an everyday word.

Very interesting all of this. Thanks to the asker who started this thread. It all proves right that language evolves within one territory let alone all over the globe.  

30 Mar 2011     

< Previous   1    2