Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Any news from our friends in Japan?    

Any news from our friends in Japan?

magneto
Greece

Any news from our friends in Japan?

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone of you has had any news from our friends in Japan.

David Lisgo wrote at the caf� and said he is in the process of moving home. Up until yesterday I think we also "saw" juliag on the forum. But I �ve sent PMs to Alien Boy, Errie and Kohaku and none of them has written back...or here. I �m really worried, as Errie lives in Fukushima and AB lives in Saitama, which looks pretty close to Fukushima on the map. I don �t know where Kohaku lives.

Has anyone of you heard from them or from any other members in Japan?

28 Mar 2011      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

No news, but it would definitely be nice to know. I didn �t know Errie lived in Fukushima.
Sophia

28 Mar 2011     

maryse pey�
France

hi dear,

unfortunately all I know is that Errie was in Fukushima, Bryce (Alien Boy) was (or still is ?) in Saitama and I can �t remember where Kohaku was (or is).

I have just sent a message on Bryce �s facebook address...

I worry too and I hope we will hear from them soon.

28 Mar 2011     

moravc
Czech Republic

I am in contact with Juliag, she is ok!!!
I haven �t heard from my dear friend David for a long time.
Do you know any details??

Alien Boy was sending quite a number of forum posts, the last one on 18th of March.
http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/search.asp?query=&username=alien+boy&fromday=0&frommonth=0&fromyear=0&today=0&tomonth=0&toyear=0&B4=Search
He said he was a couple of hundred km away.
So I hope Alien Boy is ok too!!

This is a copy of David�s message in Caf�:

David Lisgo
Hi, We are in the process of moving home and I do not have an Internet connection so I am borrowing someones. I do not know when I will be back online but I will be sure to visit the cafe.

Love to all, David  28 Mar 2011      

PS: I copied it here, because the caf� messages disappear...

28 Mar 2011     

Mabdel
Morocco

Dear Elpida!

I �ve receieved some e-mails from some colleagues there including Julia, David......but still waiting for Erie  and Alien boy �s  replies. Hope they are ok.

29 Mar 2011     

Riphly
United States

Well, I �m still here though my house in Mito, Ibaraki 100+km north of Tokyo is rubble.
Really, health is everything.

29 Mar 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

I heard from Bryce today, he �s doing OK! I also got a message from Julia, and she �s fine! David �s message tells us he �s Ok also. Just waiting to hear from Errie, Kohaku....

29 Mar 2011     

juliag
Japan

Hi guys,
Yes, as others have confirmed, I �m fine, thank you.
Glad to see David and Bryce are as I haven �t been in contact with them for a while.

I would also like to know about Errie and Christy Bridgeman, both of who I believe live in the north-east area. However, if they are still evacuated it might be very difficult for them to get Internet access and I don �t know how to contact them other than through here.

Like the rest of you I have no idea where Kohaku lives, but got the impression that (s)he was very worried and so I would like to hear from her, too.

A quick scan through the first few pages of the Japan members brings up several other names I sometimes see around the site. It would be nice to know how micah (ok as of last week I believe,  I think I saw a post on the forum), chiconattuu, crazy turtle, wally 104, the dropper, Laura-Jane, jrg2 and Jennyhime are. If you guys are here, or if anyone else knows they are okay, please drop us a line to let us know.

29 Mar 2011     

Kohaku
Japan

Hello everyone! Thanks for your concern. I am doing fine. My husband and I went far South for safety but now we must try and wait out the disaster and try to continue our work. The school semester starts again soon. I hope all will end peacefully and Japan will be itself once again.

29 Mar 2011     

magneto
Greece

Hey Julia and Kohaku!

Riphly, didn �t know you are also in Japan. Hope you find a new house soon.

It �s really good to know you �re all OK in terms of health!

So glad to hear Mar�s news on Alien Boy�s being all right, too!

If you �ve heard from any of the others, please keep us posted.

Our thoughts and hearts are with you. Hope this whole thing will be over soon.

Stay safe and keep in touch whenever you can!

Hug

29 Mar 2011