Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Working with children is hard    

Working with children is hard

carinita
Argentina

Working with children is hard

So that I don �t fall into burn out...Help me to design an activity with a ball to review the ABCs
Students are 10 or 11 year old and they are real beginners (and restless)
The class is made up of 28 students
I thought about passing a ball In order to pass it to another student, each student should say the following letter of the alphabet (The first student says "A")

5 Apr 2011      

essam35
Egypt

that is a good idea ! i suggest that you can  let them work in pairs two of them stands before the other Ss and they(the 2 Ss u picked) throw the ball to each other saying the alphabet in order ,if one of them  drops the ball or misses a letter or just delays he will be the loser.

u can also throw the ball to one of them(randomly) and tell him a letter he should catch the ball and tell you the following letter .

wish that helps.

5 Apr 2011     

carinita
Argentina

Good! Thank you!

5 Apr 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

Hello Carinita. I have a PPT for learning the ABC...It has the traditional ABC song (by Dora), an ABC chant, an ABC rhyme (by a co worker) and an ABC rap (by Elmo). It also has listening excersises where the student listens to a letter name and has to choose which  letter goes with the name. The rap and song might be a little young for your students but the chant and rhyme would be OK. I haven �t posted it because it is truly huge with all the songs, sounds and activities and there is no way I can come close to trimming it. If it sounds like something you could use, send me your email in a PM and I will mail it to you. Anyone else who feels they could use it, let me know. Ed

5 Apr 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Ed

Can I be the first one in the queue?
I �ll pm you my email.

Thanks a bunch
Linda

5 Apr 2011     

Greek Professor
Greece

Hey..Ed...Can I come second in line...?