Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Dear ICliparts subscribers on ESLPrintables    

Dear ICliparts subscribers on ESLPrintables

Zora
Canada

Dear ICliparts subscribers on ESLPrintables

Hi there,

I was just on this company�s site and I saw that the company is registered with the Better Business Bureau - an agency that protects consumers and retailers alike and resolves any complaints to the best of their capacity.

https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/getstarted.aspx

Now, they may not be able to do much BUT all complaints are supposedly registered with them and anybody checking out the company will see that there have been "problems" or complaints with the website.

I strongly urge everybody who has felt that they have been mislead by Iclipart to fill in the form - and yes, the BBB does take international complaints. (I followed the link until the almost end... i.e. Name, address, etc.. )

If you do not complain, then they come out as being innocent of any wrongdoing when in fact, they aren �t. They have harassed members here and their business practices are somewhat suspect.

Hugs,
Linda

7 Apr 2011      

Ell@
Brazil

I didn �t use pic of them. I don �t like a lot, but it is good to know this. Thank you for the good information.

hugs
 ELL@

7 Apr 2011     

blunderbuster
Germany

Zora, honestly, I don �t understand the problem. These clipart sites clearly state that their pictures may not be redistributed, editable ws full of images do almost nothing but that....some people even include vector graphics.....

Clipartof.com has similar terms:

8.Images may not be distributed to other users via templates (e-cards, web design templates, scrapbooking templates, customizable invitation templates, customizable products, business card design templates, etc.) Each template user would need their own license.

9.Examples of acceptable uses are; t-shirts (restricted use on on-demand sites), blogs, email use, business branding, marketing, non copyrighted or trademarked logos, television, websites, calendars, brochures, computer backgrounds, business cards, products (other than on on-demand sites), apps, products, etc.

10.Examples of restricted uses; distributing the digital file for free or for a fee, selling on on-demand sites, using the images on customizable products (invitations, templates, etc), templates, distribution of digitized embroidery files, copyrighting or trademarking the images, rubber stamps.

7 Apr 2011     

Zora
Canada

Well, I see it this way... they have harassed members here and basically given them ultimatums - report back to us or else. Is that the way you treat a paying customer? I know that if I treated my students that way my center would have closed long ago.

Also, I have done some digging around and other sites have had similar problems interpreting their "TOU". I buy the license now it says I can use it on a web site but not in an activity on a website.. hmm.. which is more probable to be right clicked on and used somewhere else?? Heck, Manon had problems with class projects and clipart (I think, can �t remember exactly the whole story)... so I think that yes, these sites are deliberately misleading... our work is non-profit BUT if we paid for a license we would, in theory be entitled to "sell" 100 e-copies of whatever... Does THAT make sense???

How about we start charging people a penny per download and stop at a hundred???

7 Apr 2011     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

zora, to be honest ic  tou is not vague or misleading  in anyway they specifically say that you cant use their clips on any downloadable format . they even say that if you do not agree you should leave the site and do not subscribe, and although harrasing is not the best course of action it is not illegal since they are enforcing the tou.  if they were to hire a lawyer, he would harrass you with emails, ultimatums, letters, and such.  when you buy something using your credit and you do not pay the lawyers and creditors will call you, send you letters, stop by your house and those kinds of things, so even though i am mad about this i dnt think there is much we can do about it  to sustain a claim against them aside from not buying anymore   

7 Apr 2011     

stonefarm
Australia

Free clipart pictures are available on Phillip Martin �s website where pictures are free to download and can be used in publications for educational purposes, as long as it �s not-for-profit.  He has some great pictures.  Have a look - I hope you find it useful.

Just google:
phillipmartin.info

8 Apr 2011     

pollyanna_pl
Greece

Thanks so much dear Zora.
I �ll get in touch with them ASAP. :)

8 Apr 2011     

pollyanna_pl
Greece

blunderbuster, what fooled me, to be honest, was the lack of any mention of documents or pdfs, and since the cliparts in documents are only part of something else and not the actual thing being shared, I stupidly thought it was acceptable. Otherwise, said my logic while I was reading the TOU, why would they not mention the most common form of using a pc ?

So, honestly, I was misled, being naive, supercilious or plain studip, but misled I was.

8 Apr 2011