Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Teaching deaf kids!    

Teaching deaf kids!

amandamlemos
Brazil

Teaching deaf kids!

Hi Guys!
One of my new student is deaf and this is the very first time I dealing with such situation. I was looking for some tips, helpful techniques, similar stories, etc.

He is a very smart student. He has an awesome memory and he can read lips very well. 90% of the time that I ask him something he is able to reply, although it is not always easy to understand what he says but for the most part, yes (I �ve been getting much better). Two of his siblings are in the same class, so that helps, but the teaching method I follow requires a lot of listening (cd). I �ve been letting him follow the written script while all the other student �s hears the listening.

He says it helps when I open my mouth wider as I speak for him to understand but I certainly can �t do that the whole class :( It �s been very interesting, he amazes me every time! I just want to be able to help him as much as possible.

Thanks!
xoxo

8 Apr 2011      

Ali Abbasi
Iran

Thanx Sophia! Great help...

8 Apr 2011     

Pinky Makus
Canada

Check out these past threads.  Perhaps they may help.

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/search.asp?query=deaf&username=&fromday=0&frommonth=0&fromyear=0&today=0&tomonth=0&toyear=0&B4=Search

9 Apr 2011