Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > names of tooth problems caused by eating sweets (candy)    

names of tooth problems caused by eating sweets (candy)

Nizarsouth
Tunisia

names of tooth problems caused by eating sweets (candy)

Hi colleagues! a pupil of mine asked me what the effects of eating many sweets or much candy on our teeth are. I found two answers: it causes cavity or simply it damages the teeth.
Are there any other useful expressions or synonyms for cavity that I can use to answer my pupil �s question? please help me. thanks a lot.

12 Apr 2011      

intra
Poland

tooth decay

12 Apr 2011     

tulpen25
Netherlands

Eating too many sweets can cause tooth decay. Tooth decay, if not treated, leads to cavities/rotting teeth.

12 Apr 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Plaque comes before decay and cavities.

Plaque is the sticky, colorless film of bacteria that forms on teeth. It makes teeth "feel fuzzy" to the tongue and is most noticeable when teeth are not brushed.Plaque develops when foods containing carbohydrates (sugars and starches) such as milk, soft drinks, raisins, cakes, or candy are frequently left on the teeth. Bacteria that live in the mouth thrive on these foods, producing acids as a result. Over a period of time, these acids destroy tooth enamel, resulting in tooth decay.Plaque can also develop on the tooth roots under the gum and cause breakdown of the bone supporting the tooth.

Sophia

12 Apr 2011     

Nizarsouth
Tunisia

Thank you so much. your answers are so useful. Thumbs Up

12 Apr 2011