Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Talent show    

Talent show

gabitza
Romania

Talent show

Hi guys!
It �s been a long time since I logged in. I can �t change much about that as my life has become a roller coaster heading for... who knows what?!
I really miss the �good old days � (I know it sounds like a cliche, but that�s the truth).
Well, I�m asking for your help. I hope somebody can help me!

My little princess (who is just turning 7) is going to be in a sort of a talent show. She has to recite a poem and accompany it with body language and , of course, outfit. The topic is ~ANIMALS~.

I have thought of finding a poem about butterflies  - I think she would look lovely with a pair of transparent glittering wings Wink! But I couldn �t find a poem to suit my taste, although I �ve been surfing the net for a couple of days. I need a poem that has enough �action � in order to allow her to make a lot of gestures, something that would highlight HER, rather than the poem itself.

I hope you could help me by suggesting some poems - I �m not exclusive about butterflies, though.

Hugs and Thanks in advance,

16 Apr 2011      

nanaduhalde
Argentina

Hey Gabi, I know exactly what you mean... if you give me an hour, I�ll try to write you a sweet poem for your sweet girl. It�s the least I can do since you�ve been a great help for me in my daily work... Kisses, Nana

16 Apr 2011     

Mariethe House
France

Hi Gabitza! I know what it �s like to have a princess in your life!!WinkSmile
 I googled butterfly rhymes where it �s more likely to find something adapted for young children! You will find rhymes, videos, songs. Hope it helps! I am sure your princess will be delightful! Send some picturesWink 
http://www.google.fr/search?q=butterfly+rhyme&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:fr:official&client=firefox-a

16 Apr 2011     

almaz
United Kingdom

How about the Dolly Parton song �Love is like a Butterfly �? Lots of warm, gesture-rich vocabulary here.

16 Apr 2011     

maryse pey�
France

what do you think of :

Butterflies fly high to the golden sun
Upper and upper in the silver and divine light
Tenderly kiss colored birds and clouds
Turning them into a bright blue sky
Elegantly dance among the smiling stars
Rapidly travel accross the flowered carpet
Fairily swirl with ladybirds in a joyful merry-go-round
Lightly touch the velvet of the grass
Intensily pick up moonbeams to make a magic bunch
Expecting impatiently friends to start
Suddenly flying away again to the sun

Send us one photo of your marvellous star, please !

16 Apr 2011     

gabitza
Romania

Thank you ALL!
I cannot express my gratitude to all of you for your help! I loved your ideas, the acrostic poem is so sweet, Maryse ~Thanks ~ Nana �s poem (she made it up especially for my little one and PM-ed it to me) is my favourite! Thanks, Nana! The contest is on the 20th May - I �ll let you know how it went, maybe upload a video pn youtube.
Hugs,
gabitza

16 Apr 2011     

anitarobi
Croatia

wishing your little one lots of success and joy... may she make her mommy proud!

16 Apr 2011     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Great to see you back Gabitza.  Whatever your daughter decides to recite will be a success.  Give us some news how it went.

16 Apr 2011     

nanaduhalde
Argentina

It�s always so incredible and rewarding to be able to help a great person like you Gabitza... I told you once and I�ll tell it again. Your worksheets ROCK all the way!!!! Here�s a thought, why don�t you make one of those gabitzalicious WSs of yours based on the poem? I think it would be another strike. A warm hug from Argentina to all!!! Nana

17 Apr 2011     

ellakass
Israel

Dear Gabitza!Wish you and your princess a lot of success.I am really happy to see you here!

17 Apr 2011