Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Reading stories and passages    

Reading stories and passages

mukondi
South Africa

Reading stories and passages

Hello  colleagues

I teach English as a second additional language in Grade 4 - 6 ( 8 - 12 years old boys and girls). Most fo these kids have reading problems and they ere not really interested in reading. Will you please send me exciting reading materials which will motivate these kids to read.  And they only learnt and studied English in Grade 3, they only did simple basic English in Grade R - 2. So, their reading and writing in Grade 4 is poor. Most importantlyThe kids are Black South African who  only read and speak in English at school. Some of you guys have already sent me materials and I only use them with kids who can read well
Can you help!!!!!!!!

19 Apr 2011      

puddyd
Oman

I have a complete reading course from Reading Tutors.com with sounds etc , but I don �t know how to compress it. if you r interested I can send it in bits. I �ve also sent you some other pdf files, hope they �re helpful for your level students
;o)
Andrea
Ps : here are some free samples of printable books too : http://www.raz-kids.com/main/ViewPage/name/sample

19 Apr 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Do you have a computer in your classroom? If you do, then check this site or this one here you �ll also find free wss. Here you �ll find 8 most famous adapted fairy-tales (you �ll have to register but the download is free)
Sophia
P.S. A piece of advice - remove your email address from the forum post.

19 Apr 2011     

mukondi
South Africa

Thanks for your help!!!!!!! Have a happy Easter!!!!!!!

20 Apr 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi

Have a look here

http://englishiscool-esl.blogspot.com/p/my-small-library.html

Good luck
Linda

21 Apr 2011