Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > songs    

songs

chenchen_castrourdiales
Spain

songs

Hi everybody,

I hope you are all enjoying a relaxing Easter holiday. I was wondering these days to play during the last term some songs sang by Australian singers to my FCE and pre- FCE students just to show them different English accents. They are already familiar with the USA accent and I would like to show them the Australian accent. The point is that I do not know any latest hit that would catch on them, cos they are quite demanding when listening to songs. This activity would be good for both my students and me.

Thanks in advance and keep on making the best of your Easter holidays!!!

23 Apr 2011      

stonefarm
Australia

Hi
Below are some links to some of our current top music artist and a starting list:

http://www.aussiebands.com.au/
http://www.aria.com.au/pages/australianrecordingartistsmakeariacharthistory.htm

Some of our current top artists include:

Casey Chambers
Guy Sebastian
Jet
Spiderbait
Shannon Noll
Kylie Minogue (British accent)
Paulini
Delta Goodram
The John Butler Trio

If you want to listen to some VERY Australian accents, county music singers would probably be the most obvious:
John Williamson - country music
Slim Dusty - old style country music
Sara Storer
Lee Kernaghan
Troy Cassar-Daley
The McClymonts

Hope this helps

23 Apr 2011     

perrineinchina
China

"Missy Higgins" and "Kate Miller-Heidle" are some other good Aussie artists (with strong Aussie accents when they sing). Or there is also "Kisschasy", "Crowded House", "The Grates" or "The Middle East" (which is an up and coming band).

Goodluck!

23 Apr 2011