Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > PDF    

PDF

marta_marta
Poland

PDF

Hi Everybody! I�ve got a question (or maybe a suggestion) to you all and to Victor. Would it be possible to upload PDF files instead of Word documents? First of all, files in PDF format are smaller. PDF format would also solve the problem of fonts. What do you think?

By the way, I want to thank you all for the wonderful site and your contributions. You�re great!

Greetings from Poland.

15 Dec 2008      

dennismychina
China

What about us plebs who don�t have the software to work on a PDF doc. If I�m correct, PDF is as in Adobe, right???

15 Dec 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

I think it is a great idea if it is possible, for oh so many reasons:

1) There is heaps of free software you can use to adapt any file to PDF so it is available to everyone.

2) The formatting of your document does not get changed when you change to PDF so it looks how it is supposed to; with fonts kept the same and pictures staying in the same place.

3) I sometimes spend more time on my worksheet making it small enough for upload than I do on creating it.

4) At the moment many people take a screen shot of their work and paste it into word - so they aren�t editable anyway and impossible to convert back to text.

5) There is heaps of good free software that converts pdf to Word so that you can edit a worksheet if you want to.

But of course if it stays the same that is just as great - because this site is fantastic just the way it is!

15 Dec 2008     

marta_marta
Poland

I couldn�t agree more with Vicki. That�s what I wanted to say :) I think that PDF creates more opportunities. Software to convert Word doc. to PDF is free. You can also easily find online converters or software to change PDF into a Word doc. file. As far as Adobe Reader  is concerned, I don�t think it�s a problem as it can be downloaded from the producer�s website for free as well. The reason why I�d like to convice you to PDF file is that sometimes I have problems adopting my Word documents so that they are only 300 kb. Anyway, whatever the file format is I still love this site and the community.
Best wishes,
Marta

15 Dec 2008