Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Getting no response from emails?    

Getting no response from emails?

Redbull
Thailand

Getting no response from emails?

Back in the good old days, people used to duck your phone calls. Or just not return them. But in this, the electronic era, a whole new brand of disdain has come into vogue. The age of the e-snub is upon us.

I have grown weary of this kind of �dissing.� People, who seem to go blind, mute and limp when all you are seeking are a few keystrokes in reply. Prospective employers whose computers appear to crash when asked to give something resembling a definitive answer, one way or the other.

Annoying e-mail messages plague all of us, but those of a more legitimate nature are surely deserving of a simple reply. Unfortunately, basic e-courtesy is in very short supply. So, having been burned in the past by e-boors, I decided that enough was enough. The company had left me in limbo. I was going to have my revenge look at my picture designed especially for you.

Sitting down at my computer one morning, I e-mailed the managing director of the human resources to say that I had happily accepted the job. More specifically, I wrote that I was �delighted to learn that I will be joining the editorial team!� I went on to say that �the salary and vacation are fine and I will report for duty bright and early 8:00am Monday morning.�

Whereupon, after the prolonged cold shoulder I had received, I was immediately bombarded with urgent e-mail messages, accompanied by the online equivalent of bells and whistles � the red exclamation point. Urgent messages were left on my answering machine, demanding that I call Human Resources at once. It was just too delicious.

When I finally did call back, the H.R. director was beside herself. �Who authorised this?� she demanded breathlessly. �Who was it that told you? There must have been some mistake. Nobody cleared this with me. I don�t get it.�

�Well,� I said sweetly, �I spoke to the editor in chief and he told me I�ve been hired, so I�ll be there first thing Monday. And, let me tell you, I am truly excited about joining your team!�

�But � but � but �� she sputtered.

Finally, I let the cat out of the bag.

�Listen, lady,� I told her, �when you ask someone to come in for an interview, take a test and physically return it to you, and you can�t be bothered after one month to let that person know where he or she stands, much less acknowledge even receiving the test back, you are nothing but rude, thoughtless, unprofessional amateurs who are
exhibiting a marked lack of skill or precision in their work and lacking the graces and refinement of civilized life; uncouth without thought to no person.�

LOVE THIS STOREY.

New York Times.

redbull gives you wings you knowWink.

26 Apr 2011      

izulia
China

That was a very brave thing to do! Clap A hilarious story based on the sad circumstances... Love this story too!

26 Apr 2011     

mariec
Spain

Well done,I�m sure we�ve all learnt a lot from your story.

26 Apr 2011     

Redbull
Thailand

FLIPPANT!

26 Apr 2011