Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Collection of stories and poems    

Collection of stories and poems

sirhaj
Malaysia

Collection of stories and poems

Hi, I have written a collection of short stories and poems under the theme/title " Iconic Figures of Celebration" in which the stories and poems focus on prominent figures in every celebration ( Santa for Christmas, Cupid for Valentine �s Day, Jack-O-Lantern for Halloween, Easter Bunny for Easter, Leprechaun for Saint Patrick �s Day, Jack Frost for Winter, Father Time for New Year �s Eve, Mother Earth for Earth Day, Jester for April Fool �s Day, Turkey for Thanksgiving, Three wise men for Epiphany and many more), I had tried the stories with children ( pupils) and adults and they all loved them and told me to publish my works.

However, In Malaysia, it is hard to publish English work since English is our second language and not the first language, can anybody help me on how to publish my works so that I could expand these works to nationwide and probably international level. I think children will love them and I think they can be very useful in teaching English especially on cultural exposure and celebrations.

Please Help me, Thank you.

Sirhajwan

27 Apr 2011      

maryse pey�
France

hi dear,

why not try to contact directly British or American Edition Houses ? They may be of a great help advising you in a more precise way, won �t they ?

hugs.

27 Apr 2011     

kate0611
Korea, South

If you are interested in self publishing you might want to look at lulu.com   - you can create e-books, paper back, hard copy, black and white, color etc.  They  have templates for books as well. 

27 Apr 2011     

sirhaj
Malaysia

thank you Maryse peye and Kate0611, you guys are very helpful.

30 Apr 2011