Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > thanx for sharıng my feelıngs    

thanx for sharıng my feelıngs

abut
Turkey

thanx for sharıng my feelıngs

I was not sure about that �am I right to share my feelings about �COMMENIUS PROJECT� on this nice web site�. But I want to a member of this excellent Project; and since this web site is the best which gathers the best teacher together from all over the world, this can be a chance for me to share my purpose and I don�t want to miss this chance. I am an English teacher in a primary school ( �lk� Primary School ) located in Sivas, a historical city in the middle of  Turkey.  We have been looking for a partner for �COMMENIUS PROJECT� and have had some difficulties in finding one. We feel a little discouraged because we think that some countries ignore Turkey. Is that so? We are trying to be positive and we know that it can�t be true for every country. We are a good school that works on projects.

Sivas is the city of culture with its literature, arts, cuisine, religion, sports and folklore which are subjects of your project.

Our school building is located at the center of Sivas. It has enthusiastic, dynamic and highly qualified teachers and administrative staff of 600 students between the ages of 6-14. It consists of only one building and education in our school takes place in a total of 12 classrooms, a science lab, and a computer room. As you see our school is not so big but on these conditions we have great successes, too. For example, we have lots of students attending to excellent universities. That is not all, our school also has a folklore dance group and music chorus, sports teams all of which successful in their branches. The students in our school generally come from poor families and they are not conscious enough for them, so, we want to help them and develop their social, cultural needs and talents under the frame of love and respect. And we are really anxious for taking a part in a project and we haven�t participated up to now. If you want to share we will be very happy.

Thanks a lot all of you for your listening my purpose patiently. J

MERRY CHRISTMASHeart

15 Dec 2008      

alien boy
Japan

Merry Christmas to you to abut!

Have you read this article about some students and staff from England visiting Turkey?

Is this the Project Comenius you�re talking about? It sounds great! If I were in an EU country I�d definitely look into it.

Thank you for sharing your passion!

B-)

15 Dec 2008     

mena22
Portugal

Hi abut! i�m very glad you want to participate in a Comenius project! I�ve taken part in 3 different projects (3 years each) between 1998 and 2007 with 6 European countries and it was a fantastic, awesome, terrific (and all the other adjectives you can think of) experience. For the last 2 years we�ve applied for a new project and Turkey was in it. Here�s the name of the school:

VEHBI KOC ILKOGRETIM OKULU, EDU-SCHNur � Enseignement primaire, in Inegol,  Bursa.

However, we�ve haven�t been lucky. Our new project was considered very good, but unfortunately there weren�t enough funds, for there has been a huge cut in the last 2 years. Moreover, we have had funds for 9 years so it�s only fair that they choose schools that have never taken part in these kind of projects. We were very sorry  -- we, the old partners (from Romania, Belgium and Portugal) as well as the new ones (the school above from Turkey and one from Lithuania) because we were all looking forward to meeting new schools, new countries, new people and to working together with our old friends, at least with one more project.

Keep trying! I�m sure you�ll find a partner. Best wishes from The AZORES, in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean...

15 Dec 2008