Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Language education    

Language education

helena2009
Hungary

Language education

Dear Friends,

I am preparing for my entrance exam. The university gave us few questions. Here is one of them.

What is the most interesting thing you have recently read in connection with language education?

What would you answer?

Helena

3 May 2011      

Natashenka
Ukraine

Dear Helena! I advise you to read "Inspiring Words: Leadership and Languages" by Sarah Elaine Eaton. The book is new (2010) and besides the author makes the connection between language learning and leadership giving concrete examples of the tremendous potential that language learning can unlock in an individual. This ebook is available for free by visiting: www.eatonintl.com. Good luck!

3 May 2011     

Jayho
Australia

I �ve been pondering on this while doing my dishes - it �s an interesting question indeed.

How about something about the disappearing hard-copy dictionaries - there is an article here about it

BUT, what really made an impression on me just a few weeks ago is the addition of commonly used acronyms in SMS and chat rooms, such as OMG, LOL and IMHO, to the Oxford dictionary.  See here

BTW, now I must get back to the housework ... LOL

TTYL

Jayho

4 May 2011