Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help me please!    

Help me please!

Hanni9
Vietnam

Help me please!

My brother never goes to school late and
A. So do I      B. Neither don �t I      C. I dont �, either    D. I don �t too
Please help me. I wonder whether A or C. Thanks in advance

4 May 2011      

franknbea
United Kingdom

hello Hanni9
the correct answer here would 
 Neither do I

4 May 2011     

magneto
Greece

Hi!

The correct answer would be neither do I, as Frank has pointed out (...Hi Frank!Smile), but, since that is not one of the options given, I �d go for C - I don �t, either, as the word never makes the first sentence a negative one.

Hope that helps!

4 May 2011     

daddou
Tunisia

and neither do or I don �t either

4 May 2011     

yanogator
United States

Yes, the only correct choice is C, since the statement is negative. They are right that "Neither do I" is correct, but that isn �t one of your choices. Choice A would be for an affirmative statement, so it doesn �t work here.

Bruce

4 May 2011     

Zora
Canada

I agree with everybody on "c" being the answer.

I �d also like to add that there are some really strange things being asked lately grammar-wise; and I �d love to know who the people are behind these idiomatic idiocies that are being published. Honestly, a "real English" speaker would never say, nor write half the things that we are seeing lately on test, exams or class activities.

Sorry for the rant.. but lately, sheesh... people seem to love making things complicated for others sometimes.

4 May 2011     

Hanni9
Vietnam

Thanks all of you. 

5 May 2011