Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > I need help for my teaching test: topic "describing people"    

I need help for my teaching test: topic "describing people"

drele
Germany

I need help for my teaching test: topic "describing people"

Hello everyone,

I �m a German teacher of ESL and I �ll have a very important teaching test in 2 weeks. I �ve got a 6th grade in a German Realschule and the pupils have had the subject "English" for 1,5 years. I have to prepare a lesson about "describing people" and I have to concentrate on the communication between my students. I �d like to do the lesson within the context of a crime.
Have you ever held such a lesson? Or have you ever seen a good lesson about this topic?

Thanks for your help,

Drele

10 May 2011      

lud59
France

hi

You could use pictures of suspects (using a split screen for instance) and have the pupils describe the suspect as if they were describing him or her at a police station. The other team would have to guess who the suspect is (you provide them with different pictures)

I have already used the picture (or film extract) from the film "usual suspects" where the suspects are all lined up.

hope it helps a little.

10 May 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I found this:)
There�s also a game on matching the faces here.
Sophia

10 May 2011     

manonski (f)
Canada

You could prepare a game of Guess Who.

10 May 2011     

aftab57
United Kingdom

You should find some interesting materials here.

10 May 2011     

sirhaj
Malaysia

You could prepare a game "whodunit" (who �d done it), a crime problem-solving problems where the witnesses describe the features of the suspect ( probably predetermined descriptions) and the students have to guess the culprit based on the descriptions given by the witnesses. You could assign some students to be witnesses, some of them as the inspectors and you as the judge.

You could always use pictures of people, places and objects.

Sirhajwan

11 May 2011     

yetigumboots
Germany

I did a similar lesson. You pretend to be the policeman and sit two students back to back at the front of the class. They then have to describe each other without looking. (Its amazing how much they don �t notice about each other!) Or as Sirhaj says, use the whole class as suspects and write a name on a card and give clues. He is wearing glasses, he has brown hair etc.. The first one to �catch � (guess) the criminal gets to write down the next name. Its fun!

Yeti xx

11 May 2011