Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Hot topics?????    

Hot topics?????

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

Hot topics?????

Victor, can you explain exactly what a hot topic is????

Thanks!!!!!

MAR Smile

16 Dec 2008      

viggia (F)
Italy

In general hot News, hot mail  and so on, are to be considered like "Popular", that is extremely interesting.
Although, "hot"  has also a sexual connotation, I would say that a hot topic is more likely to refer to something absolutely worth reading or knowing more about it.

Hoping this will help
Ciao from rainy Italy

16 Dec 2008     

wolfy
Chile

I�m also not clear as to what the "Hot topic" forum searchnis about, maybe it will become clear in a few days.

16 Dec 2008     

Zora
Canada

I think it means a topic that a lot of people are participating in even though it has gone from the main screen. It is "hot" in the sense that it�s / they are the topic (s) of the day... and a lot of people have something to say there.

16 Dec 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

Is there a difference between hot topics and recent topics?

17 Dec 2008     

Zora
Canada

I think so... I�ve been fooling around with the sections and "recent topics" are just that "recent ones" started up - hot ones I noticed are ones (old and new) that are getting bumped to the head of the line because of people participating or just answering them.

17 Dec 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

thanks for the answer zora.  �Detective Zora at work�

17 Dec 2008