Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > Passive questions    

Passive questions

Roclam
Italy

Passive questions

Hi dear colleagues,
I need your help. I �ve been looking for an online exercise on forming passive questions (only in the past simple and present simple), but I haven �t been able to find anything suitable.

I need something for lower intermediate students, who have seen the passive only in these two tenses.

The exercise has to be online/interactive (not word or pdf), because I have to post it on the moodle platform I use with my classes.

Thank you for your help!!

17 May 2011      

apayala
Spain

http://www.xtec.es/~ogodoy/sac/rephrasing/rephrexercises.htm

I don�t know if this might help, just have a look and good luck!

Ana

17 May 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hello
So long I haven �t heard from you -  my friend from moodle platform, heheh.
Hope you are doing well.

What about a multiple choice with Hotpotatoes, or matching, gapfilling? I am not a fan of hotpotatoes, myself, but sometimes it is rather useful.

Good luck

Linda

Edit
I forgot, if you go for a multiple choice there is something easier and prettier; have a look here

http://www.eslvideo.com/

You just write the questions, check the roght answers and then copy the embed code and paste it in the moodle post.
I�ve been using it, both in the blog and the moodle.

17 May 2011     

Roclam
Italy

Thank you to both of you for the tips!

Yes Linda, I had had thought of creating an exercise myself, but I �m so busy with the platform (forums, posts, exercises, technical problems ....:-(( )  that I hardly have the time to create my own exercises! I know eslvideo, it �s just a question of having very little time, unfortunately.
Keep up the good work!

18 May 2011     

todis25
Hungary

Dear friends,

I �m teaching passive voice to my students. I got confused a little bit as for the following two sentences. Which one is grammatically correct?
- My leg broke two weeks ago.
- My leg was broken two weeks ago.
For me the first one seems to be better and I  have doubts about the correctness of the second one.
I need your kind help!!!
Thanks

23 May 2011     

mariec
Spain

My legs broke two weeks ago doesn�t sound right.

I broke my leg two weeks ago,

The passive of the above sentence is; My leg was broken two weeks ago.

All th,e best

24 May 2011