Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Teacher ´s workshop    

Teacher ´s workshop

hiafifi
Denmark

Teacher ´s workshop

HI .  I am  so  keen  and  eager  to prepare  and  present  a workshop concerns
 teaching English  as a foreign  language . I read  so  many articles  about different
 educational  issues . But  I  really  need  something  unique , special or a new theory
 in  teaching to be presented so all  the  participants can make use of it and enjoy.
 Please  help  me in  my choices Wacko

19 May 2011      

sirhaj
Malaysia

I recommend ´Experiential Learning", a theory that is consistent with Piaget and Dewey, it means that learning by doing. In doing workshop, you conduct the EFL/ESL activities to the participants and let them try the tasks you have given. You make them feel like they are the students and you are the one who conducts the class by giving them activities etc. However, it is not necessary for you to assume full classroom model, it is sufficient by making them experience the lesson/activities and put themselves in the potential students � shoes.

You use the task sheets/slideshows from this site and let them try it, you may provide additional description on how these particular tasks could be used in other alternative ways, how can they be modified, what activities could be further generated and so on.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Sirhajwan

19 May 2011