Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > USING JOKES TO TEACH    

USING JOKES TO TEACH

anitarobi
Croatia

USING JOKES TO TEACH

Dear colleagues,
in case you haven �t yet come across this and you love using jokes to teach, check this out:

Just a �teaser �...
"Am I the first man you have ever loved?" he said.
"Of course," she answered "Why do men always ask the same question?".

21 May 2011      

franknbea
United Kingdom

love the jokes.
thanks for the link.

21 May 2011     

Ribeiro2
Brazil

First of all, when they catch a spelling mistake you �ve made. That �s absolutely normal. Obviously that was lack of attention. Then if they ask you something you don �t know at that time, say you �ll check and tell them later on. That �s another normal situation that may happen a lot, and the adding of points, simply correct it and apologize. Those situations are all part of teachers � lives. Good luck. Giovanna

21 May 2011     

almaz
United Kingdom

And don �t you just hate it when you respond to the wrong post?

21 May 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

LOL! Almaz, you �re terrible! LOL

Anita, great link, thanks! I laughed so much with some of them! Good activity for those last 5 minutes when you finished sooner than you thought!!!

21 May 2011     

maryse pey�
France

wonderful Anita ! my favorite in the one with Cinderella; and a lot exist in several languages I guess because I recognize some �classic � French ones !

Thanks for that laughing time dear !

I would like just to add one :

2 young men work in the same office. 1 of them marries a beautiful woman and they go in honeymoon. When he is back the friend asks him �Now that you�re married what do you miss the most ?�
The groom says �My evening train !�.

Good night all.

21 May 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

LOL Maryse! Thumbs Up

How about this one:

Little Tim: (coming home from school) Mommy? I  have a drinking problem!
Mother: My God, Timmy, you �re only six!!!
Mother to Father: This is YOU �RE fault, George!
Father: MY fault??? Maybe if YOU �D spend more time with him!!!
Mother: Oh God! our six year old son has a drinking problem!!!!!!!!!!
Mother to father: He sure doesn �t need a role model like you for a father!!!
Father: Me? I �ve done NOTHING but give to this family, and THIS is what I get??? FINE! I �m leaving!
Mother: Well, FINE! I don �t need you, and surely TIMMY doesn �t need you either!
Mother: Timmy, oh, don �t cry sweetheart, we �ll be alright without daddy, I promise! Now, please trust me, I �m your friend, talk to me, tell me about your drinking problem. We �ll work it out together.
Little Tim: (takes out his Maths book out of his backpack) ... "if Joe drinks one liter of orange juice, and Bob drinks two liters, how much did they drink all together....?"

21 May 2011     

maryse pey�
France

Oh Mar...

I �m afraid I DO have a problem of drinking too... Maths are one of my favorite enemies...

LOL !

22 May 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

Yes, dear Maryse! Mine too!!!

22 May 2011