Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Copyright Infringement or Not?    

Copyright Infringement or Not?

Enid Stella
South Africa

Copyright Infringement or Not?

I very often use worksheets which I have downloaded from this site as homework tasks (keys are very useful) and I would like to put some of these worksheets onto CD or DVD so that my students can do this work at home without my having to print out the worksheet for each student. Would this be an infringement of the copyright of the author? (So far I have asked for permission from the author to use their work - but t is sometimes a litlle difficult to trace the author.

I would appreciate your clarifying this point for me.

Thanks a lot for your excellent contributions to this site.

23 May 2011      

Apodo
Australia

I can �t pesonally see any reason why you can �t give the worksheets you �ve downloaded to your students in electronic, rather than in hard copy form.

23 May 2011     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Well, how can you be sure your sts will use them for themselves only? I wouldn�t do it without a permission.

23 May 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Copyright is a very difficult problem and rules change from country to country. I have a web moodle only for my students - now and then I give them some printables from this site; they have a password, they can download them and study.

But I always protect the document  before uploading it, so, even if someone else manages to get it, they won �t be able to change. I also try never to forget to put a watremark and the name of this site.
I think I am not doing wrong, but, may be some of you have a different opinion - I would like to hear about.

HAve a nice day.

Linda

23 May 2011     

Redbull
Thailand

This could be a grey area.......why well there is nothing wrong with you using the worksheets for your students and for school that �s why we download them.
But to put them on the cd I would say get the students to sign for them and give the cd back to you after you and the students have finished with them.or put a password on the doc/ppt worksheets.

I would personally say just go with it!

redbull gives you wings you knowWink.

23 May 2011     

asmajabbar
Pakistan

Hi!
I really don �t mind if you use my worksheets even in you websites so everyone can use them. We are making the worksheets because everyone can use them. Some cannot design worksheets. I think ESL Printable Admin does not mind you can go ahead!  Best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23 May 2011     

PhilipR
Thailand

Agree with Apodo. What �s the difference between giving a hard copy or a soft copy? None if you ask me. 

23 May 2011     

karagozian
France

What matters me is that my students succeed in progressing  !!!  So, if one my worksheet might help somebody to get ahead, I would be the happpiest teacher !!!

23 May 2011     

rosalia
Spain

I totally agree with karagozian. I always thought this site was about sharing, not about copyright laws. 

23 May 2011