Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Re-WOD!! Daffynitions: the crazier, the better!-------WOD WINNERRRRRRRRRRR!     

Re-WOD!! Daffynitions: the crazier, the better!-------WOD WINNERRRRRRRRRRR!

Mar0919
Mexico

Re-WOD!! Daffynitions: the crazier, the better!-------WOD WINNERRRRRRRRRRR!

Ok, guys, this is my proposal for the "Return of WOD"!!! Let �s see if you can come up with wacky, hilarious, original DAFFYNITIONS! You guys all know the rules, no dictionaries!!!! Only your imagination!

Have fun!!!

hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia

25 May 2011      

pilarmham
Spain

I have the feeling that someone here hates monsters which are equipped with with wide hips! (Can �t believe it �s you, dear Mar!?).

25 May 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

Awwwwwww, Pilar! I missed you too!!!!!!!!! HugHugHug

25 May 2011     

Apodo
Australia

hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia = my explanation in the form of a cartoon Smile

�I grow huge roses, but I have an irrational fear of dahlias, � the hippo quipped.

25 May 2011     

douglas
United States

A fear of extra large hipopotomi wearing or bearing  flowers.

25 May 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

LOL   Let �s hear some more!

25 May 2011     

Jayho
Australia

The fear of hippos equipped to smoke monstrous portions of rose and dahlia scented pot

25 May 2011     

stefemma
France

Well I guess that �s how big (hippomonstros) your fear (phobia) is  when you first read this word!!! LOL

25 May 2011     

MarionG
Netherlands

The word kind of scares me ;)  but since I am sooooo happy to see the word of the day back on the forum I will give it a try anyway..

The fear (phobia) that someone is going to make a witty remark (to quip) about how your behind reminds them of a exceptionally large African mammal (hippopotomonstrosis) while you are riding your bike ( pedal) to work for the first time in spring after gaining some weight over the winter months...

25 May 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

Hi, guys!!! Thanks for participating!!!!

Part of speech: noun

Meaning: feaar of long words!

Another difficult decision, choosing the winner!!! But, I �ll  have to go along with Marion �s daffynition this time, because I was also crossing my fingers, fearing someone was going to make a witty remark about the resurrection of WOD!!  LOL
So, I also had my phobia. Then I pictured in my mind what she describes about riding the bike to work, and their behind being compared to a hippo! LOL

Your turn MARION!!!! Congrats!!!

26 May 2011