Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Videos in PPT    

Videos in PPT

edrodmedina
United States

Videos in PPT

Hello friends. I �d like to add videos to my PPT presentations. I don �t want to link to you tube or anythin like that. I want it directly in the presentation. Does anyone know what I need to do? I tried and I got a message that the video is not in the correct format. Does anyone know what format is has to be in, and how I can change my realtime or mpg3s videos to that format? Thanks in advance. Ed

1 Jun 2011      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Actually there �s no way you can have it IN the presentation even though it seems like it �s there, it �s not. It �s virtually "linked" to the file in your pc and the best way is to have the video file in the same folder as the ppt. You need to convert the video file into the MPEG format and then "insert" it. BTW there are a lot of tutorials on how to insert a video in a ppt on YouTube you just need to specify what and where you want it.
Sophia

P.S. btw if you copy your ppt on a flash drive, you have to copy the video file too. 

1 Jun 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

Thanks Sophia. We can �t link to youtube @school so I can �t use those tutorials.

1 Jun 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Sorry, I have a husband who converts the videos for me into MPEG:) 
We use MozilaFirefox and there�s a download helper there, it has an option "download and convert". But if you already have a video it has to be in a compatible format and then you go "insert" a video from a file, blah, blah...
Sophia

1 Jun 2011     

helena2009
Hungary

Dear Sophia,

Where is the download helper in Mozilla?

Thanks

Helena

1 Jun 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

it �s available as a free upgrade. open Mozila and go tools and see if it�s there (it looks like red, yellow and blue balls). if it�s not there go tools, upgrades (or smth like that, the thing is my toolbar is in Russian)
Sophia

1 Jun 2011     

ellakass
Israel

@ Helena:Here it is.

1 Jun 2011     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

ed, the bestway to do that is to convert your video to flash (swf) then embed this file to your ppt this way i woul not be link but inserted.  there is another way but this other way will play the file with window movie player and not directly in the ppt. since i have just started my vacations today and i am still looking for what to do with my adrenaline leftover i will make a tutorial and upload it here, just let me tell you that any ppt file with embedded videos  are  super big.

1 Jun 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Hi, Liz,
You know, in my version of Word (2003) flv is not compatible for ppt :( it would only insert MPEG
Sophia

1 Jun 2011     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

i am not sure if flv is the same  as  swf which is what i am refering to but this can be inserted in any 2000 ptt version  and older . i am finishing the video so i will be postingh link in a few moments.

1 Jun 2011     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

i am not sure if flv is the same  as  swf which is what i am refering to but this can be inserted in any 2000 ptt version  and older . i am finishing the video so i will be postingh link in a few moments.

1 Jun 2011     

1    2    Next >