Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Is it just me or has Victor given us another christmas present    

Is it just me or has Victor given us another christmas present

Lancillotta:
Italy

Two web sites :

17 Dec 2008     

cheezels
New Zealand

The rhymezone one is really cool... but the second one I put in the word BOAT and I got these words that are meant to rhyme...beat, bot, coat, oat, bout, boot, bat, goat, moat, hat, beaut, booty, moot, out, shoat, lot, swat, kyat, foot, wot, vat, fiat, mot, scat, pot, nowt, neat, rout, seat, pat, what, mat, rot, not, Mott, pout, gout, body, fat, bet, soot, sot, ghat, cost, stat, Wyat, eat, at, meat, but

Hmmmmmm I don�t know why, because they certainly don�t rhyme! (Only a couple!!!)
:-) The first web link though gave me everything I could ever hope for in a rhyme site.. so cool! THANK YOU!

And thanks for the firefox add on, super!

17 Dec 2008     

wolfy
Chile

Don�t know abut the rhymes but the spelchkr isnt� workin fr my cometns ere. �It does work when I leave comments on people�s ws, and when I upload. �How many have added "ws" into their dictionary?

17 Dec 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

I agree cheezels - rhymezone is fantastic.  The other one could create some major confusion in my word lists - or a lot of humour....  It would have many questioning their pronunciation. 

A question:  why is it pronounce  but pronunciation?

My favourite play on words for adult students: 

Once a king always a king but once a knight is enough.

17 Dec 2008     

wolfy
Chile

thanks for making me laugh vickiii, as to the other question I have no idea, probably down to the dutch again. �That�s a reference to the first English dictionary written by a Dutchman, unfortunately he was paid by the letter, so he added a few here and there to earn a bit of extra cash, this was only the case with old English words though, maybe you�ve discovered another.

17 Dec 2008     

< Previous   1    2