Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > What to do with Pictionary files??    

What to do with Pictionary files??

annabelle1654
Germany

What to do with Pictionary files??

Hi Dear Colleagues,

I have downloaded many files that say pictionary.  They are very colorful and wonderful, but I don �t know how to use them.  I �m not sure what pictionary means in this sense.  Can anyone help me out with how they use pictionary cards?

You guys are true role models.  I haven �t been teaching long, but I have made leaps and bounds in my progress as a teacher, just by overhearing your conversations and questions, as well as asking my own questions.

I also would like to share this teachers tip channel which I enjoy.

Thanks in advance for helping me with the pictionary question!

Hugs,
Belles

13 Jun 2011      

s.lefevre
Brazil

Iuse pictionaries with kids, sometimes even with adults. Normally I introduce the topic, let �s say : vegetables. Many times I read a short text about it or I show a Powerpoint presentation. Than they have to fill the blanks in the pictionary. That �s why I prefer when the word isn �t under the picture but apart so that the students have to find it and learn it. If the word is already written, you can use them as a classroom poster.
What I have done many times with small kids is that they make their own picionary. They draw the items and then they write the word. This works very well.

13 Jun 2011     

Hrym
Spain

If you have one of those pictoniary sheets, that first you have to complete what is missing as s.lefevre says, after completing the missing part you can play with children in the blackboard; you ask them to draw one of the pictures there, and the one who says the correct definition(you choose who can guess), goes to the blackboard to do the same.Or even you can divide the class into 2 groups/teams, and they draw the same and the one who says the correct definition first gets one point for his/her team.

14 Jun 2011