Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Phishing!    

Phishing!

dareka1
Japan

Phishing!

I don�t know, but I think there are some people picking up user�s email addresses for the purposes of phishing (cheating out of money). Have any other people received emails from people asking for money?

18 Dec 2008      

Lancillotta:
Italy

Yesterday I received  an e mail  asking for download (and it wasn�t safe)! I was surprised  because was from this web site. It was one of us.
I hope these things will disappear.

Lancillotta.

18 Dec 2008     

Logos
Malaysia

Sadly as the community grows, then someone is going to take advantage of it.  Recently there were a few posts about a lady in Africa looking for an ideal man.  Several members (including ladies) received the exact same e-mail.  I hope we don�t get many more in future.

18 Dec 2008     

dareka1
Japan

That was the one I got. I didn�t follow up on it, but in the subject section there was a message, "please, I need your help" or something.

18 Dec 2008     

libertybelle
United States

Those spam mails about collecting a lot of money in some obscure bank
in Africa have been going around for the past 10 years.

DON�T ANSWER THEM.  As long as you don�t answer, they usually move on.

I�ve gotten thousands and usually move them in the junk/spam box.
But here you can�t do that - so just delete them and ignore them.

Too bad they�ve found us here,
L

18 Dec 2008     

miss_yanis
Argentina

I know... Ever since I started using the site I�ve been receiving this junk mailing.

I agree with Liberty, don�t answer them and they move on... In fact, in my case, they go directly to the spam folder!

Kisses!

Miss Yanis

18 Dec 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

I won 10 million dollars... I was so excited....  IT was so obviously fake looking.  Me and my friend decided to see what would happen if we answered.  It was quite amusing really.  Each step in the process became that little bit more professional.  Then they were sending us the money in the form of a cheque (obviously we didn�t have a bank account! - not stupid).  All I had to do was send
1% of the prize money to them to cover taxes.  When I told them how broke we were and I would give them permission to take it out of the prize money, and even a commission for themselves, they told me this wasn�t allowed and that I could pay whatever I could afford (isn�t that a nice government! just pay what you can love....)  Funnily enough we never sent money and never received that 10 million dollars.

18 Dec 2008