Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > The time has come    

The time has come

Urpi
Peru

The time has come

Hi dear friends I am taking the CAE exam this October 29Th. I need to practice and be preapred, since I want to pass it with "honors" Approve well... at least with an A.
I need all the tips that you can give me, (web pages, recommended books etc ) everything will be very helpful;as you can imagine I am a very busy teacher, I work all day long in two institutions. So the only day off  I have is Sunday. I know it is not easy at all, and to be honest I consider one of my weaknesses  is the writing part. So I will wait for all your valuable pieces of advice.
Thanks

23 Jun 2011      

cheezels
New Zealand

http://www.cambridgeesol.org/resources/teacher/cae.html

This link is from the Cambridge site. You can find a teacher �s handbook there for download which will help you to know what they are looking for with regards to writing and all the other sections.

A good preparation book is a must as it will help you learn to write in the different styles that are expected, not just the grammar. If possible find yourself a speaking partner so that you have had the practice of speaking on a range of topics with someone who is at your level or higher. Try to complete the speaking activities in your course books weekly or fortnightly.

Currently I use "Ready for CAE"- however there are lots of really good books about.

I am also a speaking assessor for the FCE, CAE and the CPE exams so closer to the time if you want to PM me, feel free!

Another good website:
http://www.flo-joe.co.uk

23 Jun 2011     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Hi urpi,
here are some useful sites I �ve used for classes :

23 Jun 2011     

lalla99
Romania

I can also strongly recommend the flo-joe site as mentioned by Cheezels - it �s quite comprehensive, and you can opt to get a weekly email to prod you every so often.

Bafta! which is Romanian for �Good luck �
Thumbs Up

23 Jun 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I �ve never taken any internationally-recognized test, but I would really like to try CPE.
Good luck with your preparation for the test :)
Don �t forget to keep us posted here on eslprintables.
All the best with your test :)
Sophia

23 Jun 2011     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

@ Cheezels, could I ask you a question please? I took CAE last week and when we were taking the Speaking part, my partner and I got so involved into the conversation in Part 3 that we lost track of time and we didn �t discuss the last picture and didn �t answer the second question (didn �t come to a conclusion)...how drastically bad is it? :)

@ Urpi Make sure to do all Past Papers and Practice Tests (Cambridge)..The test itself was very similar to the tests in Past Papers..reading was slightly more difficult, though.
At our school we use CAE Objective and CAE Result...Also if you have a facebook account, befriendlike FLO-Joe CAE or CPE group on facebook..there are many people who plan on taking the exam or have already taken it...Very useful in terms of sharing opinions :)

@ Sophia Btw, did you see the new CPE format March 2013? looks interesting :)

23 Jun 2011     

kodora
Greece

Try these ones:
http://olpt.s3.amazonaws.com/online-cae/index.html
http://www.examenglish.com/CAE/index.php
http://www.jamesabela.co.uk/exams/cambridge.html
I took the CPE exam long ago when I was very young and it was pretty challenging but I think that  it is much easier when you are older.As far as writing is concerned, I think a book with sample essays on various topics would be of help.
Good luck!
Dora

23 Jun 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

@ kodora: How old are you now? I �m 35. Have I reached "the much easier" stage yet? ;)
Sophia

23 Jun 2011     

kodora
Greece

Of course,Sophia!I was 18 when I took the exam.Now I am 30 years olderUnhappy.
Dora

23 Jun 2011     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Hi Kate, I wouldn �t worry, something similar happened to a st of mine - fce - and they didn �t get to an agreement in part 3 and they felt it was a failure. One of them got an A and the other a B... so you see, if the examiner understands you can speak correctly and fluently , according to the level required , that �s the most important thing.

Dora, I agree with you : cpe is much easier when you are older. I took it when I was 17, and later on I realised that the topics for conversation and the writing part, are difficult for very young people, no matter how well they master the language ...

I think you surely are ready to give it a try, Sophia !!
Good night to all ...

24 Jun 2011     

Urpi
Peru

Thanks for all your best whishes and tips.
Urpi

24 Jun 2011     

1    2    Next >