Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Extensive reading in the classroom - worksheet    

Extensive reading in the classroom - worksheet

Zdenda
Czech Republic

Extensive reading in the classroom - worksheet

Have you ever tried extensive reading activities in your classroom and you failed. There are many reasons why extensive reading should not be done. It is expensive, the books are heavy and students do not read in the end. Moreover the students do not want to read and there is no way how to control them.
Encountering all these problems in my classroom I came up with the following solution. I turned a comic reader into a film and created a worksheet with a few communicative activities. And it worked.
You can see an example here:

Moreover, I published this morning a BBC news worksheet which you can see over here.

Enjoy.
Zdenda

4 Jul 2011      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

You know they now offer multi-ROMs for some of their readers:
They are all beginner/elementary level though (A1, A2)
The Merchant of Venice (intermediate- B1)

I thought, maybe you didn �t know.
Sophia

4 Jul 2011     

Zdenda
Czech Republic

I didn�t know that. Thank you for the information. But what does the Multi-Rom do? Is there really the video or is it just the sound and exercises on the DVD.
Does anyone know the answer?
Thanks 
Zdenda

4 Jul 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Yep, it does say in the description: Adio cd/dvd video. I think it�s like a comic interactive book with moving pics and sounds, but I haven�t seen one myself.
BTW they also offer free printable glossaries to their readers here.
Sophia 

4 Jul 2011     

Zdenda
Czech Republic

If it was real video as I suggested in my post, it would be wonderful and it would save a lot of time. 
I really wonder whether there is anyone who has actually seen the video and knows what the price tag is.
Zdenda

4 Jul 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

you could try to find your local distributor here and contact them for price and any other info.
Sophia

4 Jul 2011