Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Word of the Day    

Word of the Day

Apodo
Australia

Word of the Day

Thanks Douglas. I �m glad you liked my daffynition!

...And the new word is: DISCOMBOBULATED

You know the rules. No dictionary definitions. Be witty, be amusing... the most imaginative wacky suggestion will be the winner!

9 Jul 2011      

Mar0919
Mexico

In Spanish, when something is broken, or doesn �t work properly, we say it is DESCOMpuesto,
BOBULATED = when someone/thing is all "wobbly" LOL  ....

Long story short: Once while taking a walk, I came upon a garage sale and I thought I found a treasure, my very own robot maid, someone (thing) to do my housework, and all those tiresome chores I hate to do!!! But..... ohhhhhhhhh! no wonder it was on sale!!!! It was DISCOMBOBULATED!!!   End of story: I was never able to fix it!!! Cry

9 Jul 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I could get it if it was disco-bombulate (i. e. bombard your neighbours with disco music) or disco-mobulate (i. e. create a flash mob of disco dancers) but discombobulate is just baffling me...
Oh! I finally got it!
discomobulate - discontinue communication through mobile phone - that �s the punishment your mom gives you when you �ve exceeded your monthly payment for mobile communicationWink who cares if there�s one extra letter.
(I �ve been watching too much Malcolm in the Middle lately)
Sophia

9 Jul 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

The medical community was flabbergasted. When Dr. Fingleheimer was asked how it was possible for the comb to have given birth, he simply replied, �Dis comb obulated.�

9 Jul 2011     

nurikzhan
Kazakhstan

IT IS A PLACE full of discos

9 Jul 2011     

Apodo
Australia

LOL    LOL

9 Jul 2011     

teresasimoes
Portugal

DISCOMBOBULATED
After going to the disco, Bob was rather dizzy, with his head going round and round, up and down.  Wacko

9 Jul 2011     

Gia Mel
Chile

Discombobulated is when you wake up after a hangover: I woke up, I had to go out early... But, I looked myself into the mirror and I was discombulated... Which is when no comb could do its job... I had to go to the hair dresser after that...

9 Jul 2011