Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > SOMEONE IS COPYING MY LAY OUTS    

SOMEONE IS COPYING MY LAY OUTS

nora85
Egypt

SOMEONE IS COPYING MY LAY OUTS

I WAS AWAY FROM MY COMPUTER SOME DAYS AGO BUT WHEN I CAME BACK A MEMBER TOOK ALL MY LAY OUTS TO MAKE SIMILAR SHEETS WITH THE SAME TITLES WHAT SHALL I DO?IS IT FAIR TO TAKE SOMEBODY �S IDEA AND LAY OUT ?

11 Jul 2011      

Zsuzsapszi
Hungary

Hi,

As far as I know it is against the rules. A member can use your layout if you let him/her use it.
"Publication or redistribution of any part of this document is forbidden without authorization of the copyright owner."

Hope it helps.
Hugs,
Zsuzsapszi

11 Jul 2011     

nora85
Egypt

thank you so much for your concern . i think such member is not creative she wants only to copy and paste other members work

11 Jul 2011     

wonderful teacher
Egypt

yes she took your lay out .don �t worry some one reported her sheet

11 Jul 2011     

badr.a7
Morocco

i think you should be glad your lay out has been useful to someone and not the opposite. Excuse me but i see no need to make a fuss of it ...

11 Jul 2011     

nadnad
France

Oh so, according to you there is absolutely no reason to make a fuss about it ? So you would agree to create a worksheet, and let someone download it and to re-upload it under another name, without mentionning who is the real owner and getting credits instead of you ? This is like stealing something to someone. Ok we are here to share documents, worksheets... etc... BUT we have to be grateful towards the ones who share, we are not here to steal their work and behave as if we were the ones who created the worksheets we downloaded from other people.

11 Jul 2011     

PhilipR
Thailand

I second badr.a7 Clap

11 Jul 2011     

badr.a7
Morocco

hi nadnad from France,
our friend complained for using " his lay out" and not his whole contribution and there is a difference between the two; the second is called plagiarism which am totally against. Yet, i see no problem if someone takes a lay out to design his/ her lesson based on . Otherwise, where is the spirit of collaboration you keep raising in students .

My regards to Mr.PhilipR

11 Jul 2011     

farhoud
Tunisia

hi everyone i �m the member farhoud i didn �t stole your worksheets dear nora but only  i like your  idea   just  i took the title i  didn �t change it but  the content is not the same   by the way  dear Nora i �m a creative  member and i have my ideas  look at my worksheets they are also wonderful but i �m not a lazy one . thanks a lot

11 Jul 2011     

Dana Dana
United Kingdom

Dear Badr. a7
you might be right to say that we should share our work, but as you can see, a member hasn �t even bothered to ask the owner of the ws to use her lay out which is ethically not right. we learn the kids to ask for permission before using others things. 

11 Jul 2011     

farhoud
Tunisia

i took it as a template it doesn �t matter to take the permission 

11 Jul 2011     

1    2    3    4    Next >