Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > A strategic plan for saving WOD    

A strategic plan for saving WOD

edrodmedina
United States

A strategic plan for saving WOD

After some vicious criticism that almost brought me to tears (yes I�m man enough to admit I cry sometimes), I�ve come up with a few suggestions to keep the WOD of the day going. I think that it should be mandatory (thanks for the suggestion Mariethe). In the FAQ it should state that if you post a ws you have to also post a daffynition for the WOD. Newbies (anyone with less than 1204 points) are obliged to post a daffytion. If you have a question (need help) you have to post a daffynition for every question or �doubt� you have. If you get at least one satisfactory reply to your query, you have to post a daffynition. If you answer someone�s question, since you are so smart, you have to post a daffynition. If think about criticizing me, one daffynition.  If you feel compelled to criticize me on the forum , two daffynitions please. If you whine about my suggestions, three daffynitions. BTW my computer is equipped with a whine detector and it is set a to a very low tolerance. As I mentioned earlier, if you post a cute picture of a cat or kitten, three daffynitions. If you have a cute picture of a cat as an avatar, that�s four daffynitions. If you have any other suggestions please post them� along with your daffynitions. If you think of a suggestion but don�t post it it�ll cost you one daffynition nevertheless. If you are reading this, that�s right, one daffynition. If any of this has made you think, chuckle or pissed you off... one daffynition please. Ed

14 Jul 2011      

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

ed , i am sorry to tell you this but the game is dying  because first, the game  is booooooooooring and secondly the same people are always winning (Wink)  and thirdly because is booooooooooooooooooooooooring , LOL   we dont have time to read.....
love ya ed! a kiss for you

14 Jul 2011     

Apodo
Australia

mandatory
Is that where one seeks a gentlemen friend?

14 Jul 2011     

libertybelle
United States

That �s your own opinion Liz - you really can �t speak on behalf of everyone here.
I think the reason why the game goes slower is because many here are on summer holiday.

Libertybelle

14 Jul 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Brilliant Ed

I don �t usually participate, cause I �m not that bright getting good daffynitions, but I like reading most of them .

Anyway, I think you are about to start a new problem. This way, you �ll get a daffynictionary very soon and, it will be your duty to publish it.
Think about it.  LOL

Linda

14 Jul 2011     

Mariethe House
France

You are terrific Ed ! This is my ..... nition of YOU!
I love your sense of humour and your facility to use the language. I would never dream of "competing" with you! In fact , I think( By doing so  I will have to add a definition to WOD!)it is the " competition" business I don �t like! When I suggested the brilliant thread you started some time ago, and I see all the answers it got, I feel it is fairer to everyone as one can express oneself without thinking: Am I being smart, humourous, witty enough? And there is no winner! If we are not witty, we will never know:!!!!LOL
And does it have to be turned into a game for us to enjoy and laugh? Am not sure!Smile

Here is the thread I mentionned:

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=29221

or this one here:
http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=28817

Warm regards! Don�t cry: Embarrassed

14 Jul 2011     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

of course is my OWN opinion, i didnt say anywhere on my post that it was everybody else �s opinion- i am not speaking on behalf of anyone here, just as you can �t either, i said is because is boring, you said is because of the summer, both are opinions and besides i was talking TO ED as a personal joke. chill out!!  Hug

14 Jul 2011     

Zora
Canada

I think anybody who complains here must give me a slogan for the Caption Contest!! LOL

14 Jul 2011     

serene
Greece

So funny, Ed! I really enjoyed reading your post a lot. Now l �ll have to submit a daffynition for chuckling? Fair enough! LOL

Well, like Linda above, I don �t participate in WOD, nor do I always have the time to read all the funny posts, but I find these threads both entertaining and educating. I often marvel at the wit and the sense of humour of many members here.

I don �t know whether WOD will continue or not but I �m sure ESLprintables members � creativity will always find a way or another to express itself.

serene

14 Jul 2011     

Minka
Slovenia

Big smile  Oh, Ed! You will not keep the WOD alive, you will KILL the forum or the website completely this way!!!LOL

14 Jul 2011     

Mallerenga
Spain

I don �t participate in the WOD contest but I read the dayffinitions almost every day and I find them funny and witty. If the WOD dies, I will really miss it! Cry

It makes me laugh; it cheers me up when I �ve had a tough day; it gives me ideas for the lessons,...
Is it a dayffinition or a prozacnition?

14 Jul 2011     

1    2    Next >