Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WOD continued....or not    

WOD continued....or not

edrodmedina
United States

@ thedropper Sounds like a very good idea. You owe one daffynition. ;-) ed

15 Jul 2011     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

STEATOPYGIC

Ed is an extremely nice chap, and since he had the operation to have his face lifted, he is not only much taller, but now, he is actually quite good-looking.  His new photo is a great improvement on the previous avatar.

However, he continues to be the World�s Worst Speller!

Why do I say this?

For two reasons!  Reason one, because a rhetorical question is a useful literary device to hold the attention of the Reader.  Reason two, because no-one else will ask this vital question.  And, the most important reason of all, because I am paid a fee by one of the Members of ESLP for every thousand words that I have printed on the Forum.

Perhaps I should also say that many Members have offered to pay me a fee if I do not write on the Forum, (but, �that�s another story�, as the Builder said when he extended his house upwards another 3 metres!)

I know that numerous Members are agog to read Word of the Day.  Admittedly, there are some who are only a-half-gog; and a few who are totally ungogged, or gogless, as they say in intellectual circles.

But, �One man�s meat is another man�s poison�, to quote the English proverb.  The French have a similar saying: �One man�s meat is another man�s poisson�; and the Germans another: �One man�s Friend is another man�s Feind�.

Why do I say that Ed is a bad speller?

He was observed, in his Student-days, taking part in a Student Demonstration opposing Spelling Reform.

He carried a banner, on which was written:

�Bad Spellers of the World --- UNTIE!�

So, I can say with confidence that the Word of the Day is not a word, �STEATOPYGIC�, but, is instead, a complete paragraph.

�Stay at the top!  Why?  Geo-magnetically Induced Currents!�

(�Geo.� is an abbreviation for �George�).

This is a warning to all of us, to stay on the surface of the Earth and not to go underground.  If you do, and there is someone named �George� in the vicinity, with a magnet in his pocket, this magnet can �induce currents of liquid�.

Or, to put it differently, if you travel on the London Underground with a person called George who is carrying a wireless computer, make sure that you are close to a Toilet, because you will very probably be �caught short�.

You have been warned.

Les

15 Jul 2011     

< Previous   1    2