Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > The Whiner...excuse me...the Weiner...uhm pardon..The Winner of WOD    

The Whiner...excuse me...the Weiner...uhm pardon..The Winner of WOD

teresasimoes
Portugal

I really enjoyed all the viewpoints about a (simple?!) matter. That�s what makes this community such an interesting one. And ... I�m very proud of my mother language - Portuguese, so I want to wish you
  Bom fim de semana a todos!
  Tudo de Bom!

16 Jul 2011     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Terasasimoes,

Muito obrigado.  Boa noite.

Les

16 Jul 2011     

Anna P
Brazil

Boa noite! Great to see so many languages around here. But we have our own universal language to keep us bonded: friendship and a common goal.

The other day WOD was a common Portuguese word, "p�lpebra" and it was tough to find a funny definition.  I think that we, non native speakers might have an advantage over native speakers because we have no clue as to the meaning of the word but we can easily find the greek or latin roots that might be useful.

I rarely participate because I also don �t think I �m capable of coming up with witty daffinitions and, on the 2 occasions that I won I was devastated because I got very few replies.  I even used my prerogative as a mother to "ask" my daughter, who is an almost absent member, to contribute with her definition- which she did, very unwillingly.

If more members were willing to step out of the box and let their imagination get wild, this great site will be even more useful to all of us.

16 Jul 2011     

elderberrywine
Germany

Dies macht mir so viel Spa� dass ich meine alte (eigentliche) Nationalit�t wieder annehme. Danke f�r diesen "thread"
(This is so much fun that I �m adopting my old (real) nationality on ESL again. Thanks for this thread.

Bye Bye Turkmenistan.....!

16 Jul 2011     

< Previous   1    2    3