Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Hello dear colleagues    

Hello dear colleagues

Urpi
Peru

Hello dear colleagues

Well as usual I am  in need of your precious help, I need some interactive or dynamic activities in which the students have to stand up maybe go to board and so far, They are teenagers, their level is intermedium and the topic is films genres.
Thanks a lot for your ideas.

15 Jul 2011      

paugyg
Argentina

You could probably play charades. If you don �t know this game, Charades or charade is  a word guessing game.  one player acts out a movie title often by pantomiming similar-sounding words, and the other players guess the word or phrase. The idea is to use physical rather than verbal language to convey meaning. (I borrowed the definition from wikipedia lol). You can write different movie titles on cards, have students work on teams, and establish some basic gestures for each genre (before they guess the name of the movie, team mates will have to know which genre it belongs to - for instance, the "actor" can smile if the movie is a comedy, "cry" if it �s a drama, pretend he/she is screaming if it �s a horror flick, and so on).

15 Jul 2011     

Natashenka
Ukraine

These are activities I usually use. Put on the blackboard sheets of papers containing descriptions of some films (in particular their beginnings) and give your ss the sheets with their ends (ss can work in pairs, groups or individually). Each student (or group) should guess what film is described, go to the blackboard and match the beginning and the end. Or you can arrange a mini party for the class. Its speciality is that participants can choose their personality (an actor or actress, a film character). The ss are given about five minutes to write their role cards. If necessary, the teacher prepares them for the party phase: asks them about ways to approach somebody, to introduce oneself, to start a conversation, etc., and puts some useful phrases on the blackboard. The party begins: ss walk around and talk to others, with the aim of discovering each other �s personalities.Good luck!

15 Jul 2011     

Mallerenga
Spain

Well, you can have a running dictation. You have two or three groups and on the blackboard you stick a text, some words,... In turn, students go to the blackboard and memorise a part of the text. Then, he runs back to where his team mates are sitting and dictates what he can remember. The next one memorises the next part and so on. The first team to get all the text and without spelling mistakes is the winner.

15 Jul 2011     

Urpi
Peru

Thank you very much indeed

16 Jul 2011