Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Describing a commercial - I need your help, please    

Describing a commercial - I need your help, please

spinney
United Kingdom

@Mietz. I have no idea why they complained. It �s just what they told me. Berlitz, Europe falls under several areas and being a stronger economy perhaps they have more clout. Perhaps it �s one of those ESL urban myths mixed in with the stereotype (or prejudice) of Germans having no sense of humour (blatantly untrue - I �ve lived there!). Who knows?

I �ve seen a much funnier advert from Germany which had me falling over with laughter. I won �t repeat it here in case it offends but if you go to You Tube and type in "the world �s funniest advert" you should get a German family sitting in a car listening to a song. A total classic!

21 Jul 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

Dale, that is utterly hilarious!!!! The thing is, if you think about it, the listener would �ve had to know English (at least some) to begin with.

21 Jul 2011     

spinney
United Kingdom

Apart from inside Germany, when do you ever meet a German that can �t hold a conversation in English? I don �t think I �ve ever met a beginner. It must be all that Star Trek Goth and Heavy Metal music. Perhaps they take it for granted that most Germans would get the joke. Either way it �s pretty damn funny.

21 Jul 2011     

< Previous   1    2