Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WOD 26/07/2011 Will you boil your kettles?    

WOD 26/07/2011 Will you boil your kettles?

Mariethe House
France

WOD 26/07/2011 Will you boil your kettles?

here are some very interesting daffynitions to my expression of the day:
http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=29606

I am sure you can think of some more! So boil your kettles; make yourselves a nice cuppa and write some more so that we all have an opportunity to put a smile on our lips or a good laugh in our hearts.
The expression is:
This is another kettle of fish

27 Jul 2011      

edrodmedina
United States

As we all know a school of fish is a large group of fish. A kettle of fish refers to a smaller more intimate group of fish.

27 Jul 2011     

misseleonora
Argentina

It means unexpectedly weird, as if you were pouring hot water from a kettle into your cup of tea and suddenly flip flap fish came out of it.
example sentence: It was a kettle of fish when my husband appeared dressed like a woman! (a kettle of fish example but . . . well it was the first that came to my mind)

27 Jul 2011     

valentinaper
Greece

A kettle of fish is an expression used to refer to a very angry person Angry, meaning that he/she is like a fish in a kettle, and due to his/her hot temper, the water in the kettle will soon be boiling!

27 Jul 2011     

Mariethe House
France

The meaning of "another kettle of fish" is:

be another/a different kettle of fish

to be completely different from something or someone else that has been talked about

Example:Having knowledge is one thing but being able to communicate it to others is another kettle of fish.

The winner is Mary butterfly  Congratulations Mary!

28 Jul 2011