Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Who are still working?    

Who are still working?

oregon91
Argentina

Hi everybody: I am so happy to say that my holidays are starting TODAYYYYYYYYYY. I can�t believe it. This year has gone by so fast!!!!! Don�t you agree?????

I am spending Christmas in my hometown here in Patagonia and then my family and I are leaving to spend New Year�s Eve on the coast of Argentina in a small town near Mar del Plata called Carilo. It is a peaceful and beautiful town to relax and enjoy. I am coming back on January 6th and ten days after that I am leaving again with 18 of my students to SAN FRANCISCO. We are going to stay there for a month to attend an ESL course in Mills College. I have been looking forward to this trip for so many years now that I can�t believe I am actually going.

I wish all of you a MERRY CHRISTMAS and I would like everybody from this wonderful community to start 2009 with all the energy and enthusiasm that we all showed this year.

Thank you everybody for all your contributions and wonderful worksheets. I have learnt a lot from you this year.

BEST WISHES from Argentina,

Fernanda Molina

20 Dec 2008     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hello, Portugal is a very special country; Mena is already free, but in my school, in the north of Portugal, classes finished last Thursday, but we have lots of evaluation work, so a great part of us will be working till the 23rd; the last meeting begins the 23rd at 19.30pm.
Even so, let�s try to celebrate PEACE ON EARTH.
Merry Xmas to all of you.

20 Dec 2008     

arkel
Ireland

Hi everybody. The schools in my part of Spain broke up yesterday and donj�t return until the 8th. The 6th is a really big day here as the children receive their presents from the three Wise Men. I wish everybody a ver peaceful and happy Christmas wherever you are HugHugHug Your friend, Rosemary

20 Dec 2008     

renca
Czech Republic

Hi,

it is very interesting to read about the differencies of our holidays and also teaching load. Here in the Czech Republic we finished yesterday - Friday 19th and we�re going back to school on January 5th. Luckily, there are no more meetings or evaluation work, we are totally FREE. But our teaching load is 23 lessons per week at basic schools, 21 lessons per week at grammar schools and most secondary schools and 15 at university.

Have a nice Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Renata

20 Dec 2008     

firstime
France

Wow Chiara, that�s terrible! But I think the difference lays in the fact that you finish work early everyday (like 1.30 pm...??) and we finish at 5.30pm... when there is no other educational program (read: when you aren�t asked to look after the children whose parents want to relax - different from teaching...)
It�s good to know about these differences... I can see my future in your answers, fellow hard-working teachers! Approve

20 Dec 2008     

blizzard1
Denmark

In Denmark our last school day was yesterday and  we start again on January 5th. At my school we didn�t have regular classes. The whole day was a big Christmas celebration and it was a fun day. In February we have a one week winter break.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

Tisha

20 Dec 2008     

Snow- white
Macedonia

Hi!We ,here in Macedonia are still working too.Our first semester finishes on 31st of December when we celebrate New Year and on 7th of January we celebrate Christmas.Happy holidays to all of you!!!

20 Dec 2008     

atsitab
Portugal

I�m still working!
In my school classes ended on the 18th and yesterday and today we had meetings.  On Monday we have more meetings and the teachers Christmas dinner. On the 23rd the students will be given their evaluation forms.

Merry Christmas to everybody!

20 Dec 2008     

CHARMED ONE
Mexico

Hi Dear Teachers of English,

Here in Mexico classes ended yesterday.  Most of them with a Christmas celebration called "posada".

Some schools will start again on the 5th. of January , but others until the 7th.  We are totally FREE until then.

I wish you all hard-working teachers some time to relax , have fun and enjoy your loved ones.

Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year 2009  to all of you.
Hug
Greetings from Mexico, Charmed One.

20 Dec 2008     

Damielle
Argentina

Thank you very much for your answers. I got much of the information  I wanted to get.! I mean, I have learnt a lot about how your school year runs.

In Argentina, primary and secodary schools finished classes between the last week of November and the first week of December. then we continued with specials exams, school meetings, and meetings to test students. At university we finished aclases a little bit early, I mean, by the end of November.

Personally, I�m finishing next monday 23rd with the last meeting. We have also been celebrating the end of the year in the Argentinean way:meeting among colleagues at school or at a restaurant to eat, eat and eat!!!Big smile (and a lot!!) We also drink some alcohol specially beer and sider or champagne.

I have to be back on February 16th at 7:30 a.m. for a meeting to test my students!!!!! Angry It�s very difficult to get up so early when you have been on holidays and relaxing!!!

So, officially our holidays run from January 1st to February 13th (most schools begin earlier than that: December 23rd) Then we have a winter break that runs durindg the 2nd and 3rd o 3rd and 4th week of July depending on the province

Reagrding working ours, at primary and secondary school teachers work an average of 30 hours a week at school. Tasks such as corrections, meetings, paper work, class planning, etc, are not included. Because different reasons, for instance that the salaries are too low , many teachers also have some extra jobs, such as private tutoring, working at private academies, working at university, etc. So the total working hours per week may be considerably much higher than 30.

20 Dec 2008     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >