Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > How to say ?    

How to say ?

swissprof
Switzerland

How to say ?

Dear colleagues,

I �d like to ask you if you say that

a trainee is doing his pedagogical formation , or making his pedagogical formation or attending courses for his/her pedagogical formation

All your suggestions are welcome

Thank you

Nicole

6 Aug 2011      

almaz
United Kingdom

Nicole, you seem to be translating directly from formation p�dagogique - which is teacher training ( �teacher education � in the US, I believe). You would do teacher training, or do a course of teacher training/complete a programme of... etc.

6 Aug 2011     

swissprof
Switzerland

Thanks a lot ! Yes , you are right I am translating from French, so I can say that I have a trainee who does a teacher training in my class during a few weeks

It �s wonderful to have so helpful friends in this site !

6 Aug 2011     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Nicole

You could say that you have  trainee teacher in your class.  Sometimes trainee teachers attend for observation purposes and sometimes they attend to do practical sessions (or a practicum)  under the supervision of the classroom teacher.

Cheers

Jayho

6 Aug 2011