Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > movie    

movie

rach81
Philippines

movie

hello again, i am looking for a movie where i can show the studewnts the different elements of drama. any suggestions?
thank in advance

rach

8 Aug 2011      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Do you mean a movie about drama, a documentary about the history of theatre of some kind or a screen version of a famous play? Could you please specify? Also what age and level are your students?
Sophia

8 Aug 2011     

seansarto
United States

"Looking for Richard" - 1996 Al Pacino (Director)
"Waiting for Guffman" - 1997 Christopher Guest (Director)

"Romeo and Juliet" - 1996 Baz Lurhman (Director) - Not really particular to the 1990�s Shakespeare films...I�m partial to the Orson Welles films..but this one is interesting, especially for younger people.

"Chaplin" - 1992 Richard Attenborough (Director) You have the dichotomy of drama and comedy in Chaplin�s autobiography...."Behind every kind of laughter there hides some kind of pain" ...And Chaplin is pretty recognizable, world-over. 

"Singing in the Rain"- 1952 Gene Kelly and Stanley Donen (Director) This film is actually pretty layered in terms of drama and the business of show business...Also no one comes close to what Gene Kelly did as an actor..No one. We we�re showed this film in 4th grade and it has always been a favorite of mine.

8 Aug 2011     

rach81
Philippines

@ueslteacher:  i need a screen version of a famous play. my students age ranges from 11-14. Thanks!
Thanks sean

8 Aug 2011     

billalaziz
Canada

Hello Everyone Hoping you well.
I need your help and I would like to recount my points correctly. Thank you very much

8 Aug 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

billalaziz: no need to post in another member �s thread, you should start your own, or if you �re wondering about your points you might like to reed the section on point system in the rules.
From my experience I can only think of musicals like Annie, My Fair Lady or the Sounds of Music.
But I came across this website http://www.cummingsstudyguides.net/xMerchantof.html if you scroll down you �ll find the list of Shakespeare �s plays available on DVD. But I honestly think he �s a bit too complex for teens. 
Have been using drama in your classroom for a while and you decided to move to the next level? Or are you looking for the way to start? If you �re just introducing drama, maybr you �ll find this book useful http://englishtips.org/1150797012-drama-in-the-classroom.html
Sorry for posting so late:(
Sophia

8 Aug 2011     

seansarto
United States

"An American in Paris"  has a great ESL moment when Gene Kelly teaches French kids how to speak English with the song " I Got Rhythm"...It also is an excellent film. It is about expats.

9 Aug 2011