Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Any ideas or links???    

Any ideas or links???

harelyta
Peru

Any ideas or links???

Hello my friends:
I �m here once again, asking you for some help
My high school students (3rd year) are going to present commercials of any product or thing they want, thios will be a  competition among groups, but I need some ideas, maybe some links with different kinds of advertisement...or maybe you have done it with your students?? I �m sure some of you have great ideas...so please if you have some material , let me know
Thanks a lot for your big help and thank you for being always there when I really need more than one hand! Smile
Kisses and millions of hugs
Harelyta

10 Aug 2011      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I remember, when I was doing a proficiency development training, in one of the classes we were shown a ppt with charades to solve as a warm-up. The charades included different pictures and we had to guess what product was being advertised. I don �t know if I making myself clear... Another way of doing this activity is by guessing the product by the slogan.
Sophia

10 Aug 2011     

sirhaj
Malaysia

Hi,

I don �t know any link but some ideas:

1. you can ask them to make "commercial" for everyday products ( cereal, shampoo, soap, etc).

2. You can give them guidelines in doing commercial, for example,
1. They must provide a situation where the product is needed/shown/used
2. They need someone in the group to introduce the brand
3. Someone else says the advantages of the brand
4. The commercial ends with them feeling happy and satisfied with the product

3. Videotape the scene and show it through projectors in the class
4. Choose the winner based on the group with the best commercial based on criteria
      1. The most relevant usage of the product
      2. Correct Branding ( Pronunciation, advantages )
      3. Product demonstration
      4. Effective scene in commercial

5. You can post their commercials in youtube, it might become viral and they get famous.

Sirhajwan

10 Aug 2011     

AndrewOwnl
Argentina

Hey! Look at this ! New Exercises! Use of Can!http://www.eslprintables.com/exercise.asp?id=6634#a ! Tongue

10 Aug 2011     

harelyta
Peru

Thanks a lot my friends

Very helpful

Regards

13 Aug 2011