Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > unemployment figures in Britain:    

unemployment figures in Britain:

seansarto
United States

For the record, I don �t condemn violence in unprovoked, defensive circumstances...In my view, it is your God given right to fight for your life...

But with the rise of a domineering media, political "spinning" has become an effective weapon to undermine that God given right...Especially when you have cultivated the idea that "all violence is bad�...Stigmatizing even defensive violence....If you have to stop someone from killing you, then by all means use any violence necessary...But we live in a time of bullying, provoking others to defend themselves, which is needless. With the stigma upon all violence, "bullying" is a win-win situation. Big fish (mob) eats little fish (individual) and all is fine and dandy. Little fish, deal with it.

How long will it be until we hear Obama �s "Cameron �s gotta go!" speech if London uses brutal force to cease the aggressions? That is political gamesmanship utilizing innocent lives, the essence of 9/11, and the political atmosphere that has endorsed black militancy in the USA. I would say because of the NATO actions in Libya, Cameron has emasculated his own ability to defend the British citizens from insurgency because Obama�s administration is keenly aware of the political implications of seeing London (�the great oppressor of Africa�) using brutal force to squelch a large Muslim and Black population within the realm of the crown. A political fear arises that the two events can easily be read in the same way in terms of popular media. So, innocent Londoners get tossed under the wagon. It is a calculated thuggery.

Countless times I have heard African American�s state �America is about race� but America never was�It only became that way when entitlements became the issue. Viewing America through the prism of race stripped it if of any meritocracy it might have once claimed. Without meritocracy there is no educational system...just day care.

11 Aug 2011     

Mariethe House
France

At least we know where each one of us stands now! I won �t carry on arguing: It is unnecessary  .... I don �t regret starting this post... Behind our role of teachers we are all individuals with  different opinions, different life experiences and a different background and it was quite interesting to confront our points of view.

As Anna Isabel said: Let �s wish for a happier and more peaceful world !

11 Aug 2011     

< Previous   1    2