Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > New School Year    

New School Year

LILIAAMALIA
Greece

What Maria said is correct. I was just thinking of the day both teachers and students go to school. I have my own Foreign Languages School so I start the registration period on August 29 and lessons on September 19.Let �s have a wonderful school year!!!

20 Aug 2011     

angelamoreyra
Argentina

Here in Argentina we start on 1st March  and we have two weeks for winter holidays in July,then we finish in December.

20 Aug 2011     

mining-anna
Russian Federation

Hi everybody! in Russia kids start school year always on the 1st of September, if it is not Sunday. But for teachers, of course, work starts earlier. but I think we have the longest summer holidays - 90 days. Happy new school year for you

20 Aug 2011     

noemilima
Argentina

We start on MARCH, Next 11th SEPTEMBER we celebrate TEACHER�S DAY

20 Aug 2011     

tech_teacher
Bahamas

Here in The Bahamas: Administrators return one week before teachers. Teachers  return one week before the students, that is August 29th. Classes start for students 5th September. Happy new school year everyone!

20 Aug 2011     

ccchangch
Peru

Here in Peru school starts around the 15th March. We have vacations for one or two weeks in July because we celebrate the Independence day. School finishes in December and then they have their summer vacations until the 15th March that is the start of the next year.

20 Aug 2011     

Anna P
Brazil

In public schools, the calendar is set by the government.  This year schools started on February 23 and ended on July 15.  After a 15 day winter vacation, classes resumed on August 1 and will end on December 22.  Brazilian private schools are free to set their calendar but they need to have 200 school days.

20 Aug 2011     

Marywell
Poland

In Poland it is always 1st September unless it is Saturday or Sunday.

20 Aug 2011     

Mehlika Sultan
Moldova

In Moldova September1, Christmas holiday and then ends in May(if University- June)
In Turkey i remember September, 15 but it �s 19 now i guess.
In Romania one of my friends told October, 19 but i am not sure about this.
In Myanmar it starts on May 27, ends in February, March April-Summer School
In Indonesia July,14, now Ramadan Holiday, go back on September, 12 and ends in the last week of June. All "ends"
depend of the grade because of final exams. Teachers usually come 1 week/3-4 days before to get ready and for meetings. Now I have Holiday!!!
It depends on culture.
Happy and successful year for all of us!!!

21 Aug 2011     

t.gyorgyi
Hungary

In Hungary the school year starts on 1st September. Of course teachers have to start earlier. Actually, I start on Monday! Tomorrow!

21 Aug 2011     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >