Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > POD of the weekend (continued)    

POD of the weekend (continued)

misseleonora
Argentina

POD of the weekend (continued)

Hi everybody,
Here is the link to Saturday entries:

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=30073

It is a made-up phrase this time. It means you won�t find this POD in any dictionary, so don�t even try.
 I just hope this is allowed, if not I will be at your disposal for whatever the law has to do with me:)
Here it goes:
" to blow one�s wig before the farmer digs"

I will choose the winner Sunday night/Monday morning (Spanish time) so you have the whole weekend to send your entries. The chosen definition will be the first to be part of the new ESL glossary.

Anyone can participate! So, don�t be shy and post a definition only if it is witty, silly, crazy, twisted, meaningless, childish or incredible.
Ready, steady, GO!!!!Clown

***Ps: subscribe to this thread and you will have the new entries on your screen.

28 Aug 2011      

carinaluc
Argentina

This phrase is used when somebody leaves a restaurant or a bar without paying.  Example:

�When I noticed I had left my wallet at home, I pretended to go to the loo, but instead I blew my wig before the farmer dug. �  Wink

The �Espa�ol Rioplatense � equivalent would be �mandarse un paga Dios. �

Hugs

Carina

28 Aug 2011