Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Phrase of the Day (POD) for 1 September    

Phrase of the Day (POD) for 1 September

douglas
United States

Phrase of the Day (POD) for 1 September

Hi All!

Thanks to Maryse for choosing my Granny story as the winner for yesterday �s POD.

I find it fun to write little and to read all the inputs--give it a try, you may be surprised.

So for today, the next phrase looking for your funny, creative, goofy, definiton or story is:

"Damn straight! I made it by the skin of my teeth."

Cheers,
Douglas

1 Sep 2011      

maryse pey�
France

Hi Douglas,

Let me explain.

Here in France we cannot explain the things in a simple way, no we drive our thoughts along many many curves. And our boxers protect their teeth with leather when they are fighting so they cannot brush their teeth before taking off their dental protection.

Someone who tells this is very proud because he has managed to say a whole book in only a very few words... 1 or 2, 3 maximum sentences for a 300 (or more) pages book !!!

What an exploit ! �Damn straight ! I made it by the skin of my teeth ! �

1 Sep 2011