Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Games or other activities    

Games or other activities

jacymgalhaes
Portugal

Games or other activities

Hello !
Could you help me and give me some ideas to start a first lesson this school year ?
They are 11th graders, very good at English...i know them as i was their teacher last year... and i need a game or a speaking  activity to make them interested in the lesson ( for about  1 hour ). Could anyone give me any ideas, please? thank you in advance.

6 Sep 2011      

Taminka
Russian Federation

Divide your students into two groups and make a sitting of the court, cast roles (judge, lawyer, prosecutor, witnesses for the prosecution /defence/, etc.) You can think up any problem: murder, shoplifting, etc. Also it would be good if you prepare some cards with some judicial vocabulary according to each role and ask your students to use it. Hope it will be useful! Best wishes!!! Tamina

6 Sep 2011     

jacymgalhaes
Portugal

thanks for your idea..

7 Sep 2011