Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Can You help me, please?    

Can You help me, please?

youness
Jordan

Can You help me, please?

Can you help me  in the following, please?
1. Assume that suddenly while presenting listening lesson to your students that the listening icon didn�t work properly or that there wasn�t any loud speaker available; how would you handle the situation? 
2. What obstacles may face the EIO( English Interactive Online) end-user, and the best problem-solving  strategies to be used.

Thanks in advance.

Youness Khataybeh.

14 Sep 2011      

tenbest
Jordan

where  are the questions????

14 Sep 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Youness

Seems to me you want some strategies to deal / solve these tragedies that, some now and then, may happen during a lesson; we have a listening but we don �t have net connection to the site, or there is no electricity or...
Well, as this is quite common, because there are many ways to spoil a beautiful lesson, I have a few tips I can tell. When I have an audio track, I always try to have it in several formats ( mp3, wave ... ), if one doesn �t work, may be that some other one will. I always try to check in advance what will work. I always have a print of the audio, so, may be I end up reading the text myself. Tongue
The second one is easier to solve, or, at least to avoid. Whenever I need something on line, I always try to make a download to my laptop ( when possible ). Sometimes I have the same tasks available in several places - my laptop, my pen drive, my 4shared, my blog, my moodle folder; this way it �s almost impossible to forget things at home.

Thecnology, however, is a little capricious - if you need the projector and it stops working well, all the lesson will have to be changed; and sometimes we don �t have paper copies for the students, cause either they were not necessary or we wanted to save paper.
That �s a big problem.

Thanks for this topic, I can �t wait to hear from others, want to get some brilliant ideas about solving these problems.

14 Sep 2011