Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > hi!    

hi!

Turkey

hi!

hello dear friends,

this year i am gonna teach english to very young children aging from 2 to 6.

tomorrow i am gonna start with the ones which are 4. my topic is body parts. i 

need everything about this topic; games, songs, activities etc. i �ve searched about 

the topic through the net but i am sure that your ideas will be better than all. all in 

all, i need your help.

15 Sep 2011      

aliciapc
Uruguay

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/search.asp?query=teaching+young+children&username=&fromday=0&frommonth=0&fromyear=0&today
=0&tomonth=0&toyear=0&B4=Search

15 Sep 2011     

valentinaper
Greece

Hi!
You can start with flashcards and play games (memory game, bingo, drawing a man) and then you can use the song "head, shoulders". When you feel they are ok with the vocabulary, you can play "Simon says" or an easier version of it, for example "touch the part of body I show you" or you can point to their fingers, nose and knees and ask them to name the parts.

15 Sep 2011     

eternalmoonlight
Turkey

you can use some puppets and showing the body parts on the puppet would be great! and when it comes to the song: "Head and Shoulders " is the simplest song which would make the learning easier.

Here is a sample lesson video in which that song is used. There are 3 different classrooms here, watch all of them. Hope that it would be helpful. Wish you good luck:

http://supersimplesongs.com/cd1-11.html

15 Sep 2011     

eternalmoonlight
Turkey

and the other sogs that would be helpful for you all along the year :)

http://supersimplesongs.com/cds.html

15 Sep 2011     

Turkey

thank you for your help! i really appreciate it, thnx!

15 Sep 2011     

mourisca
Portugal

Hi!
Take a look here:

15 Sep 2011     

Gaby141
United Kingdom

Check your email. I have sent you some of my WSs. Hope they help Gx

15 Sep 2011     

moravc
Czech Republic

IF you happy and you know it - song
- use these expressions: stomp your feet, nod your head, wave your arms/hands, clap/shake your hands, cross your legs, scratch your ear/head, fold your arms...

For pre-intermediate ss - raise your eyebrows, clench your fist, shrug your shoulders, point with your fingers, move your hips...

15 Sep 2011     

lapaoiza
Argentina

Hi! Some ideas for BODY PARTS teaching 4 year-olds:

Tell the a story: PINOCCHIO, very shortly and play with the kids naming some parts.

Sing this song with them, dancing and touching the body parts.

In this second video, the song is the same, but LOOK! the activities are different... 

Look for a picture of Pinocchio and make a puzzle, so they can colour it first, cut it and finally glue it on a page.

That is a model class for me, which I have been using for more than 4 years now. I hope you find it useful!

Have a nice and entertaining beggining! And good luck! :)

Paola

16 Sep 2011