Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Student ´s Book 4th Grade - Age 9/10    

Student ´s Book 4th Grade - Age 9/10

Diana Parracho
Portugal

Student ´s Book 4th Grade - Age 9/10

Hello dear colleagues,

First let me wish you all an excellent school year!

I need your help: I have a group of 9/10-year olds that are beginners (they are in the 4th grade at school) and I wanted a coursebook to use in their class.

Do you have any suggestions? Have you worked with any books for this age/level that you ´ve liked?

Thank you so much and good luck! :)

Diana

16 Sep 2011      

PatríciaLavos
Portugal

Hello Diana.
I wish you have an excellent school year.
Shall I suggest you this site (www.leirilivro.pt). There you may find excellent books to work with kids, from Express Publishing.
I ´ve already worked with them with kids from 6 to 10 years old and they loved them. 

Today I ´m not working with this age group, my students are older, but I ´m still working with Express Publishing, through Leirilivro.

Give it a try. You might like it.

Good luck,

Patrícia. 

16 Sep 2011     

Kita19
Portugal

Hi Diana!!

I would recommend Hoola Hoop 4 (there is all the other 3 for the other school years!). It ´s from Porto Editora. I was present in the presentation of the books with one of the authors (Sandie Mourão) and found it great! 

If you want, you can take a look here:

Good Luck for the new school year!

16 Sep 2011     

Fabiola R
Argentina

I ´m working with the TREETOPS series from Oxford University Press and I like them a lot..

16 Sep 2011     

Errie
Japan

Up and Away in English is a good one too. I ´m using it for almost 5 years now. It comes with a classbook/workbook/phonics book/readers pack and cd ´s. There are 6 levels. You can check out some samples here....

17 Sep 2011     

elsnert
Russian Federation

They say Increadible English from Oxford University Press is nice. I ´m working with Welcome series from Express Publishing and love it very much. Good luck!

17 Sep 2011     

Diana Parracho
Portugal

Hello dear colleagues!

Thank you so much for commenting on my post, I already took a look at your suggestions and they all seem great! Now all I have to do is choose one :)

Happy school year!

Diana

xxx

18 Sep 2011